The Student Room Group

How to stop feeling sorry for people?

My mom has no friends. My moms mom and best friend died in a year. I’m always there for my mom but my mom is very nasty to me. I do so much for her but she talks to me like a dog whenever I don’t kiss her butt. She’s always telling her sisters my business and crying to them when I don’t hang out with her. What my mom does is she twist the narrative like I did something wrong. Sometimes I go out with with my mom and whenever I do she’s always embarrassing me in front of strangers. My mom is so immature and acts like she’s a 16 year old juvenile . My mom is so mean than she always kisses my butt because she’s fake and has no friends of her own without me. How to stop feeling bad for my mom and move out?
Reply 1
sweetie it is life and we live once so do ignore and move on. Enjoy your life honey xx. It is okay she is your mum at the end and the generation is changing.
Reply 2
1. Acknowledge that you can't control the outcome of other people's lives.
2. Focus on what you can control, such as your own actions and thoughts.
3. Identify and address your triggers for feeling sorry for others.
4. Cultivate self-compassion and kindness towards yourself.
5. Stop comparing yourself to others.
6. Give yourself permission to experience other emotions instead.
7. Practice self-care and take time for yourself to relax and recharge.
8. Connect with people who are positive and supportive.
9. Avoid situations and people who make you feel helpless, and take action instead.
10. Develop healthy and positive habits such as journaling, exercising, or meditating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending