The Student Room Group

Y10 girls looking like Y12????/

year 10 girls looking like sixth formers on non uniform days any one eles noticed this like i legit cant tell if someone is in yr 10 or 13

Scroll to see replies

literally same
they grew up watching make up tutorials instead of cartoons
Let’s be honest, most 14 year olds these days look like they’re in their 20s with two kids.

There are two reasons for this. Scientifically, girls are achieving puberty sooner than they did in the past and that’s mainly down to improved living conditions and good nutrition. Secondly, social media has produced an ideal look for women to emulate and I guess that look is that of someone on their 20s with two kids 🤷*♀️
haha I look like i'm in year 7 instead of year 10 on non uniform days :rofl:
Original post by laurawatt
haha I look like i'm in year 7 instead of year 10 on non uniform days :rofl:

sorry
Original post by Abegunde.S
sorry

it's fine :biggrin: you get three sorts of people in year 10 - the ones who look like they're in Year 7, Year 10/11 and then Year 13+ :laugh:
it's fine :biggrin: you get three sorts of people in year 10 - the ones who look like they're in Year 7, Year 10/11 and then Year 13+ :laugh:

which school do you go to
Original post by Abegunde.S
which school do you go to

I don't think that's at all relevant :redface:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Let’s be honest, most 14 year olds these days look like they’re in their 20s with two kids.

There are two reasons for this. Scientifically, girls are achieving puberty sooner than they did in the past and that’s mainly down to improved living conditions and good nutrition. Secondly, social media has produced an ideal look for women to emulate and I guess that look is that of someone on their 20s with two kids 🤷*♀️

"good nutrition" lmao that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. They look older than they are, because many of them put an excessive amount of make up on from an early age, thanks to the media and all this zoella bs. They all look pretty similar as well because of it, it's a little disturbing.
Original post by RedGiant
"good nutrition" lmao that's the funniest thing I've heard all day. They look older than they are, because many of them put an excessive amount of make up on from an early age, thanks to the media and all this zoella bs. They all look pretty similar as well because of it, it's a little disturbing.

Well puberty is triggered by an increased body fat percentage to muscle, as well as various hormonal changes which is why anorexic girls have delayed puberty or never menstruate. These days we have access to much better food than existed say, 100/200 years ago so naturally girls have more fat earlier, thus achieving puberty earlier. Don’t argue with science, you just end up looking stupid. I also did say there’s two reasons.
Original post by chanel_666

Sad but true, but funny too.
as a yr 10, i can confirm
Well puberty is triggered by an increased body fat percentage to muscle, as well as various hormonal changes which is why anorexic girls have delayed puberty or never menstruate. These days we have access to much better food than existed say, 100/200 years ago so naturally girls have more fat earlier, thus achieving puberty earlier. Don’t argue with science, you just end up looking stupid. I also did say there’s two reasons.

Actually that's incorrect, girls naturally achieve puberty at an earlier time than boys do, regardless of "nutrition". If anything, boys would need more nutrition to look older at a younger age. I'm not "arguing with science" lmao, you seem a little delusional tbh. But I mean as you say, you're a horse, as long as you say you are right? Otherwise it's racist?

Original post by chanel_666

But hey at least zoella can profit off the £50 advent calendars, that she manages to convince her audience to purchase.
(edited 6 years ago)
I had similar trouble with some of the year 8s, it is what it is.
I don't think that's at all relevant :redface:

ok
Original post by RedGiant
Actually that's incorrect, girls naturally achieve puberty at an earlier time than boys do, regardless of "nutrition". If anything, boys would need more nutrition to look older at a younger age. I'm not "arguing with science" lmao, you seem a little delusional tbh. But I mean as you say, you're a horse, as long as you say you are right? Otherwise it's racist?

I’m not comparing girls and boys.

I’m comparing TODAY’s girls to girls from CENTURIES ago.

Also, take your petty insults somewhere else. Just cause you had no intelligent rebuttal to my points.
Its media 👎🏾 but also make up either makes females look young or older. As for me I'm 24, and i still get told i look 18 with & without make up🙈 #blackdontcrack 😁
Are they supposed to look that different if theyre only 2 years apart? some might just be a year and a bit apart.
I’m not comparing girls and boys.

I’m comparing TODAY’s girls to girls from CENTURIES ago.

Also, take your petty insults somewhere else. Just cause you had no intelligent rebuttal to my points.

Then you haven't understood my counterpoint at all lol, just like in the other thread :h:

Quick Reply

Latest