The Student Room Group

Home Office AO Roles in Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Hello haeerbar90! That's great news! I have not had any further information. Can you remind me again when was your day of your interview? Kind regards x
Hi Lanzarote

Thank you. My interview was on the 21st of January :smile:
OK. Thankyou trying to be patient. Working at Chesterfield at the moment so would really like to work in sheffield. Fingers crossed. HopH all goes well for you.
Original post by Haeebar90
Hey guys

Has anyone received an update yet? I've been given a provisional offer yesterday via email. Fingers crossed for you all x

Hi Haeebar90,

Sorry for the late response, I too got a provisional offer last week! Congratulations on yours :smile: do you have any sort of idea on how long our checks take to come back? Or how we check the progress of them?
Hi Holliberry15

Congratulations! As far as I'm aware security checks can take up to 40 days. Once they're complete I think you'll receive an email with a formal offer and start dates can be discussed :smile:
Original post by Holliberry15
Hi Haeebar90,

Sorry for the late response, I too got a provisional offer last week! Congratulations on yours :smile: do you have any sort of idea on how long our checks take to come back? Or how we check the progress of them?
Hi b in
Hey guys have you had any further news?

Has anyone received an update yet? I've been given a provisional offer yesterday via email. Fingers crossed for you all x
Have you had a provisional offer?

Been on the reserve list since February and not heard anything
Original post by Lanzarote
Hi b in
No I am confused because after my interview they offered me a position. But a few weeks later I got an email to say that I am on the reserve list at sheffield home office. My boyfriend thinks that everybody will be placed on the reserve list.
Are you at sheffield home office?
Original post by Raspberry21

I have heard rumours that pay might rise this April for all Home office staff.

I just wanted to know if this is true or not
No idea sorry
BTW do you work at the home office?
Hi. Anybody had any updates??
Hey guys

Reply 112
I’m in the same boat just playing the waiting game. Went to the assessment day. Passed. Got told they’d be in touch with a job and been in the reserve list since January. If I’m honest I’ve started looking elsewhere because I’m not sure how long they want you to wait for a yeah you have a job at some point probably!
Thanks for the reply. I too am on the reserve list at sheffield home. I was told I was successful and they took a photocopy of my passport I am working at Chesterfield and the lady told me not to put in my notice. Been on the reseres list since January 2019. Its a pain but the recruitnent process is known for beingbvery slow.
Hello Haeebar90. Have you heard anything regarding home office recruitment.? My boyfriends brother in law used to work at the home office and apparently he says that they are employing candidates from the reserve list and are no longer doing further interviews. Thank you in advance.
Hi Lanzarote

I was given the provisional offer and I'm having my checks done but that's all I know, sorry x
Hello Haeebar90. Have you heard anything regarding home office recruitment.? My boyfriends brother in law used to work at the home office and apparently he says that they are employing candidates from the reserve list and are no longer doing further interviews. Thank you in advance.
Many thanks for your reply. When I had my interview they told me that I was successful offered me a position. I had to go to another room took a photocopy of my passport - the lady told me not to hand in my notice because they will be doing my Ctc Then in January I was put on the reserve list. The home office recruitment service is known to be rather slow! I will let you know if I have any further update and if you could do the same. Thanks again for your reply. :-)
Hi Lanzarote

I was given the provisional offer and I'm having my checks done but that's all I know, sorry x
Original post by Kamran749
Hi!
have you got the job? 🙂

Original post by Raspberry21

Hello. When was your interview
what did you have to do at the assessment centre? thanks
Hi. Any news yet?
Hi. Anybody had any updates??

Quick Reply