The Student Room Group

Biology Extended Essay Topics

Hi,

Please post here any biology extended essay topics you know of that would be good to do!

Just post any ideas.

Thanks.:smile:
Reply 1
you could always grow some yeast under different conditions :p:
Reply 2
but that would be boring.....
would you do something like that???
Reply 3
i need help too :frown:
Reply 4
Hi there,

If I were you, I would avoid doing a science extended essay, unless you have access to a university lab or something similar. If you are just planning to do an essay from within your school laboratory, then it will most likely not be at the level that the IB look for. Of course you don't have to listen to me if you don't want, but me and the other IB students at my school were strongly discouraged from doing a science EE, since the school didn't have the resources to carry out a detailed, in-depth investigation. A friend of mine did an EE in biology. but he managed to get a nuffield bursary to carry out his experiments in labs at the University of Liverpool during his summer holiday.
Reply 5
Heyah!!!!
Thank you for your advice!! but guess what i found a really interesting topic to do my EE on bio!!!!!
i found an experiment to do with toddelers and neural maturation!
Reply 6
A friend of mine is doing her EE on different mouth washes, to see what one is the most effective at killing bacteria.
Reply 7
hey! this is a bit... well a LOT gross but ill tell you the idea (well sorry for such an ewwy idea but thats what came up). a few ppl have to join you on this experiment. each has to drink a certain amount of water everyday. for example. you drink 3 with a certain amount of fruit consumption another drinks 5 and same blah and another drinks 8. or you can maintain water consumption and increase the level of the fruit consumption for each person. whatever make it more creative. so u have your 3 plants at the ready.(the more plants the better the results, so try to get in more ideas) anyways so you take that urine and water your plants and watch the results. record everyday and i guess, you can talk a lot about that. and sorry once again for giving such a gross idea LOL
Reply 8
well i really need help with my ee and i want to do biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending