The Student Room Group

DrawTheLine writes a blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ucashelp
oh my lordd missed your posts soo much!! i read all of them just now and i feel so much better hahaha!!! hope your doing well hun <3 xxx

Jeez that must have taken you ages! Yes I'm doing very well thank you, hope you are too!
Original post by DrawTheLine
Jeez that must have taken you ages! Yes I'm doing very well thank you, hope you are too!

yeah!!! it took a few hours lmao! i was eating and just reading.

excited to see your bf? :blushing:
yeah!!! it took a few hours lmao! i was eating and just reading.

excited to see your bf? :blushing:

Very very excited!! About 49 hours and then I'll be on that plane :biggrin:
Very very excited!! About 49 hours and then I'll be on that plane :biggrin:

Awwh not long now! your going to get so tanned lol lucky :frown:
Awwh not long now! your going to get so tanned lol lucky :frown:

Or burnt!
Or burnt!

make sure you wear loads of sun lotion!!
make sure you wear loads of sun lotion!!

I'm going to look like a greasy fish at the end of the 6 weeks because of all the sun cream!
14th June 2018

Today was semi productive. :colondollar: I woke up and got up at 7 again, got dressed and went downstairs to watch the news. :couchpotato: I had breakfast and went to my mum's just before 8:30. I remembered I had to go to the little Tesco to get some lunch as I didn't have any here, but I didn't really want to go with my hair looking so blah. :ashamed2:

So when my mum went to work, and with the cat asleep upstairs (I locked the catflap so other cats wouldn't come in), I went to my dad's to shower. I have a hair dryer there so that's why I went there to shower. :yep: After I showered and dried my hair I went back to my mum's and read my book for a bit. :yy: I've started a new one called Love You Dead by Peter James. 9 pages in and someone's died. :yikes: It's good so far. :yes: I'm hoping I can finish it before I go away. It's a chunky book so I don't really want to bring it on the plane with me. :unsure: I would rather bring a slimmer book. I'm about half way through now so hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.

I then went to the shop to get a sandwich. I also got some mini cheesecakes and some biscuits because it makes tea more enjoyable when you can dunk. :tea: I got back home, unlocked the catflap and had some tea with a couple of biscuits to dunk. I just kept reading my book until lunch time.

After lunch I carried on reading but this time with music playing on my laptop. It makes it more fun. :thumbsup: I called my boyfriend to wake him up at 2pm. It's really good he's back to work now and is earning money. :woo: He's preparing for me to get there too which is really exciting. He told me he's going to clean up and everything. Aren't I lucky! :lovedup:

My mum got home at around 3:30 and since then I've just been reading pretty much. We had food and the cat wanted some attention. :love: She had been asleep all morning and outside all afternoon because it's a nice day. But she didn't want my lap. No ma'am. She wanted my mum's. Rude. :mad:

Tomorrow I'll be doing last minute washing and packing and then I'll be all ready to go! Ah I'm so excited! :grin:

Food diary!

Breakfast: crunchy nut cereal
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich, cheesecake
Dinner: pizza, chicken goujons and potatoes
Snacks: cheesecake and a few biscuits

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
15th June 2018

Today has been very good. :u: I didn't sleep too well last night. :frown: I think it's because my bed is right under my window so the light at 4am illuminates my room. Also, right on cue the taxi driver rumbled the engine again. Failing to start about 6 times. :mad:

I got up and dressed and had breakfast. I had one last cuddle with my cat. :ashamed2: I said my goodbyes to her last night as I know she will have been rehomed by the time I get back. I told her I hope she goes to a nice family with a catflap and a quiet home. Older children so it's not too loud. I told her I hope she's happy and healthy and lives a long life and doesn't miss us too much. That's really sad. But I won't dwell on it otherwise I will cry. :bawling:

I went to my dad's at about 8:30 and put my last load of washing on. I also repacked everything. While I was waiting for my washing I read my book and I actually managed to finish it around 2pm which I'm pleased with. Amazing book and you should read it if you like crime books. :yes:

I'm now all packed! :yep: I weighed my suitcase and it was on the dot 23kg which is the limit for the weight. So I took out some things and put some stuff in my carry on to lighten it and now it's about 20kg which is a lot better. I didn't want to leave it at 23kg in case the airport scales are more sensitive and say it's actually over and therefore charge me. The only things left to pack tomorrow morning is my phone charger and glasses. :yy:

I watched a film on the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart which was very interesting. I googled her as I watched it so I knew she was found and is safe and well today. I prefer crime films based on true stories. The made up ones just don't seem as intense and obviously not as real. :dontknow:

I also watched a documentary with Dr Alice Roberts about making the perfect human which was really interesting too. Plus a documentary on ITV about reversing diabetes. It really makes you realise and think about the stuff you put in your body. :hmmmm: It's one of the reasons I would like to change the amount of fat around my middle because a fatty liver can really increase the chances of getting diabetes. And I definitely don't want that. :nn:

Then my dad came home and we just watched How I Met Your Mother. He's finding it enjoyable which is great. It's a great series. :sogood:

Notice: it's unlikely I will post again until Sunday. This time tomorrow I'll be somewhere across the Atlantic. For the next 6 weeks, I doubt I'll be able to make a post every day. I'll try to however I don't think I'll be able to be very detailed etc. Also I'll be 7 hours behind you guys so I might end up posting at what would be the middle of the night for you.

Food diary!

Breakfast: 2 pain au chocolats
Lunch: some awful cheese and broccoli pasta thing, slice of cake
Dinner: breaded fish and chips
Snacks: mini chocolate chip cookies, ready salted crisps and a few bites of a not nice chocolate chip scone

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
19th June 2018

I've had an amazing past few days. :biggrin: It's been busy and to be honest I had totally forgotten about TSR! :colondollar: I'll start from Saturday.

I was all ready to go and we left for the airport just after 8am. We stopped at the shop to get me a sandwich and then carried on to the airport, getting there just after 9am. I checked in my suitcase and went through security. When that was done and I looked at the departure screen my flight was delayed by 35 minutes. Sigh. The only flight that was delayed! :angry: At least it wasn't a big delay so I was happy for that.

I just sat in the airport waiting lounge reading my book and playing around on my phone. I ate my food too. :yum: Then when the gate was displayed I went to it then waited to board. I was selected for a random security check so the woman ran a detector thing over my hands and the straps of my bag.

The actual flight was not that bad. I got some nice photos of flying over Greenland. :yep: It wasn't bumpy and I managed to sleep quite a bit in small chunks. It was just long though, just over 10 hours. When we landed I was so happy. :yay:

Going through security was nice and fast and seeing my boyfriend again was just amazing. :lovehug: I've missed how he smells so much. :love: The drive back home from the airport was decent too. I slept a bit on my boyfriend's shoulder and we chatted. It was daytime which made it easier.

We had to go to the supermarket to get something or other I don't remember and by that point I was so tired. :yawn: I just wanted to sleep. We finally got back between 8-9pm and my boyfriend and I just dumped our stuff in the rooms and left to go and get food. I was kind of hungry. We got Taco Bell which is surprisingly beautiful food. :yes: We made our way to a secluded little spot somewhere he knows in the middle of the deserty mountainy area and ate our food and just had that time to ourselves. :lovie: It's so nice to just sit there and be with that one person who is so special to you. After that we made our way back home. I briefly spoke to his brother's girlfriend, who I really enjoy talking to. She's said to just let her know if I get bored at home whilst my boyfriend is at work and she'll come over and take me to her house to hang out. She has horses and all sorts of other animals too which will be fun. So I'm keeping that in mind and maybe next week I'll message her and see if I can go over. :yep:

When we got back I think we just went to sleep. :sleep: It was gone 11pm at this point and I was so so tired. My eyes were barely open. I had to keep my stuff in the spare room because that's where my boyfriend's mum wants me to sleep when actually I'm sleeping with my boyfriend in his room. She doesn't like unmarried couples sharing the same bed. But we are apart for so long that we don't want to spend nights apart if we can avoid it. So every morning I ruffle the duvet on the bed and make it look like it's been slept in. She won't come down into the room to check but I still do it just in case. :ninja:

Then on Sunday it was a pretty windy day. You can't really do much when it's so windy because it's a desert here so the same just gets blown everywhere. We went up to this massive lake area which is so beautiful. The water is so blue. :heart: We would have stayed for longer but there was a lot of other people there fishing etc. and we aren't a big fan of crowds.

We went back home and played Lego Star Wars on his Xbox. We were going to go to our camping spot to eat food but it was just too windy. :no: So we went to the next town over, we were going to stop at my boyfriend's friend's house but he had plans so we just got some pizza and came back home. We watched the film I Love You Man which is so funny and you have to see it. :lol: We then started drinking and watched The Incredibles. It's fun getting drunk with him. A few hours later we were super tired so we went to sleep.

Yesterday we went up to this private land his former boss owns which is so beautiful. It's like 300 acres of trees and grass and hills. :love: We drove around there for a bit. Then we went up another hill where you can overlook the entire town. It's such a small place but you can see all of it from that hill. We then came back home and helped his dad do something with this car he's fixing up.

Afterwards we went to his brother's girlfriend's house to pick cherries from her trees. They aren't quite ready yet so we'll go back in a few days to pick them. She has 2 trees and they're full of cherries. :yum: We chatted with her for a bit before coming home. His mum was making tacos so we watched some tv while she cooked. Then we had food and it was so good. :drool: I was pretty tired by this point and I had a headache that was pretty persistent. I just wanted to sleep but it was 9pm and too early for that.

So me and my boyfriend went back down to his room and put Despicable Me on. I fell asleep like 30 minutes in sleeping on his chest. I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until he woke me up when the credits were running. :erm: It was like 11pm now and we started getting ready for bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly after that too.

So that takes me to today. My boyfriend is at work so I'm at home with the dog, the birds and my books. Plus Netflix. He'll be home in 3 hours for lunch but until then it's just me. I feel like I'm neglecting TSR so while I don't have much to do I'll spend a bit of time here.

I would do a food diary again but I can't remember what I've eaten the past few days. :dontknow:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
speaking about airport security i remember a couple of years ago me and my family went to Morroco on holiday , and i didn't feel too good on the flight day and throughout the Bristol airport procedure

during the flight my stomach was killing me so i couldn't eat anything and my eyes were stinging like crazy (they were red af)

we touched down at Morocco at night time and the weather was gorgeous , so hot that i started to sweat a little while we walked from the plane inside to the passport security

as mentioned i was feeling to good , my eyes were red and stinging and my stomach was aching and i just needed to get to the hotel and sleep , it was my turn for the passport check so i walked up to the booth thing and handed my passport then.......

they guy behind the counter saw my red eyes and sweat and uneasiness and pulled me aside from the queue........ because he though i had drugs on and i was high af :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: , not even joking i was 13 at the time and i was scared shitless because i thought i was gonna get interrogated or some **** , so my dad comes racing over and explains how i'm not feeling too well and that i don't have any drugs on me

so those crazy ****ers at security cut opened my soft toy to check for drugs and they absolutely butchered it :frown: :frown:

this explains why i have a fear of airport security.

Anyway have fun with your bf :redface:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ray_Shadows
speaking about airport security i remember a couple of years ago me and my family went to Morroco on holiday , and i didn't feel too good on the flight day and throughout the Bristol airport procedure

during the flight my stomach was killing me so i couldn't eat anything and my eyes were stinging like crazy (they were red af)

we touched down at Morocco at night time and the weather was gorgeous , so hot that i started to sweat a little while we walked from the plane inside to the passport security

as mentioned i was feeling to good , my eyes were red and stinging and my stomach was aching and i just needed to get to the hotel and sleep , it was my turn for the passport check so i walked up to the booth thing and handed my passport then.......

they guy behind the counter saw my red eyes and sweat and uneasiness and pulled me aside from the queue........ because he though i had drugs on and i was high af :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: , not even joking i was 13 at the time and i was scared shitless because i thought i was gonna get interrogated or some **** , so my dad comes racing over and explains how i'm not feeling too well and that i don't have any drugs on me

so those crazy ****ers at security cut opened my soft toy to check for drugs and they absolutely butchered it :frown: :frown:

this explains why i have a fear of airport security.

Anyway have fun with your bf :redface:

That sounds pretty traumatising for a kid :frown: couldn't they have just scanned it or something instead? That sucks
That sounds pretty traumatising for a kid :frown: couldn't they have just scanned it or something instead? That sucks

yeh true, especially because i had to be taken away from my family and into a separate room (didn't take too long though so it's all good)
19th June 2018

I've had an amazing past few days. It's been busy and to be honest I had totally forgotten about TSR! I'll start from Saturday.

I was all ready to go and we left for the airport just after 8am. We stopped at the shop to get me a sandwich and then carried on to the airport, getting there just after 9am. I checked in my suitcase and went through security. When that was done and I looked at the departure screen my flight was delayed by 35 minutes. Sigh. The only flight that was delayed! At least it wasn't a big delay so I was happy for that.

I just sat in the airport waiting lounge reading my book and playing around on my phone. I ate my food too. Then when the gate was displayed I went to it then waited to board. I was selected for a random security check so the woman ran a detector thing over my hands and the straps of my bag.

The actual flight was not that bad. I got some nice photos of flying over Greenland. It wasn't bumpy and I managed to sleep quite a bit in small chunks. It was just long though, just over 10 hours. When we landed I was so happy.

Going through security was nice and fast and seeing my boyfriend again was just amazing. I've missed how he smells so much. The drive back home from the airport was decent too. I slept a bit on my boyfriend's shoulder and we chatted. It was daytime which made it easier.

We had to go to the supermarket to get something or other I don't remember and by that point I was so tired. I just wanted to sleep. We finally got back between 8-9pm and my boyfriend and I just dumped our stuff in the rooms and left to go and get food. I was kind of hungry. We got Taco Bell which is surprisingly beautiful food. We made our way to a secluded little spot somewhere he knows in the middle of the deserty mountainy area and ate our food and just had that time to ourselves. It's so nice to just sit there and be with that one person who is so special to you. After that we made our way back home. I briefly spoke to his brother's girlfriend, who I really enjoy talking to. She's said to just let her know if I get bored at home whilst my boyfriend is at work and she'll come over and take me to her house to hang out. She has horses and all sorts of other animals too which will be fun. So I'm keeping that in mind and maybe next week I'll message her and see if I can go over.

When we got back I think we just went to sleep. It was gone 11pm at this point and I was so so tired. My eyes were barely open. I had to keep my stuff in the spare room because that's where my boyfriend's mum wants me to sleep when actually I'm sleeping with my boyfriend in his room. She doesn't like unmarried couples sharing the same bed. But we are apart for so long that we don't want to spend nights apart if we can avoid it. So every morning I ruffle the duvet on the bed and make it look like it's been slept in. She won't come down into the room to check but I still do it just in case.

Then on Sunday it was a pretty windy day. You can't really do much when it's so windy because it's a desert here so the same just gets blown everywhere. We went up to this massive lake area which is so beautiful. The water is so blue. We would have stayed for longer but there was a lot of other people there fishing etc. and we aren't a big fan of crowds.

We went back home and played Lego Star Wars on his Xbox. We were going to go to our camping spot to eat food but it was just too windy. So we went to the next town over, we were going to stop at my boyfriend's friend's house but he had plans so we just got some pizza and came back home. We watched the film I Love You Man which is so funny and you have to see it. We then started drinking and watched The Incredibles. It's fun getting drunk with him. A few hours later we were super tired so we went to sleep.

Yesterday we went up to this private land his former boss owns which is so beautiful. It's like 300 acres of trees and grass and hills. We drove around there for a bit. Then we went up another hill where you can overlook the entire town. It's such a small place but you can see all of it from that hill. We then came back home and helped his dad do something with this car he's fixing up.

Afterwards we went to his brother's girlfriend's house to pick cherries from her trees. They aren't quite ready yet so we'll go back in a few days to pick them. She has 2 trees and they're full of cherries. We chatted with her for a bit before coming to. His mum was making tacos so we watched some tv while she cooked. Then we had food and it was so good. I was pretty tired by this point and I had a headache that was pretty persistent. I just wanted to sleep but it was 9pm and too early for that.

So me and my boyfriend went back down to his room and put Despicable Me on. I fell asleep like 30 minutes in sleeping on his chest. I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until he woke me up when the credits were running. It was like 11pm now and we started getting ready for bed. I fell asleep pretty quickly after that too.

So that takes me to today. My boyfriend is at work so I'm at home with the dog, the birds and my books. Plus Netflix. He'll be home in 3 hours for lunch but until then it's just me. I feel like I'm neglecting TSR so while I don't have much to do I'll spend a bit of time here.

I would do a food diary again but I can't remember what I've eaten the past few days.

@Ucashelp @Know Your Enemy

so glad your having fun hun x
and looool how do you managed to sleep with your bf do you just sneak in? bless u both x
so glad your having fun hun x
and looool how do you managed to sleep with your bf do you just sneak in? bless u both x

We spend a lot of time in his room anyway because it's just the 2 of us away from his family. We don't say goodnight to his family or anything when we sleep so I don't have to sneak in. We go to his room to watch a movie and then just go to sleep afterwards.
We spend a lot of time in his room anyway because it's just the 2 of us away from his family. We don't say goodnight to his family or anything when we sleep so I don't have to sneak in. We go to his room to watch a movie and then just go to sleep afterwards.

missing your posts! hope you're having fun hun xx
has this blog ended now?
I haven't been on TSR in a while so I've just caught up on all your posts (again). :laugh: Dw, it didn't take me too long at all! I'm glad you're enjoying your holiday with your bf and I can't wait to read your next update. If you read this, please don't feel pressured into making one cause that wasn't my intention...I'm just looking forward to reading about your antics when you find the time to update. I think it's good that you've been taking time off TSR cause it means you're making the most of the time with your bf. :h:

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have fun! :biggrin:
2nd July 2018

Firstly I am so sorry I haven't posted anything for a while! :eek: @Ucashelp no I haven't ended my blog but because I'm away in the US it's a bit more difficult for me to post so often.

I've been super busy the past week or so! :yep: My boyfriend has been taking my hiking along these little trails near where he lives, seeing the sunset at the peak of hills/mountains and out on dates. :lovie2:

He surprised me actually a few days ago by arranging a full date night. :lovedup: We went out to dinner at a really good restaurant, went and saw the sunset on the summer solstice (there's a place where the sun sets perfectly in a gap in the mountains) and then saw the Incredibles 2 in the cinema. It was such a great night. :yeah:

I've been doing some baking too during the days because my boyfriend had to work. That was a lot of fun. I also spent some time hanging out with his brother's girlfriend. She's awesome and I love chatting with her. :yes:

This week though my boyfriend has off because it's the 4th of July. However it is so disappointing but the whole state has got really strict restrictions on fireworks this year. :zomg: Nowhere nearby is doing any. There's been some wildfires around because it's so hot and hasn't rained in like a month so the risk is too high. That is really sad because I would have loved to have seen them. :sad:

We've just gotten back from camping. There's this spot in the hills and the trees where we go. We have a fire and cooked steak and potatoes, and just relaxed with drinks and chatting. It was so nice for it to be just us two. :mmm:

The rest of this week will be going to new places and just spending time together. I also found out today that I passed first year including getting a first in one module! How great is that! :nutcase:

As for the food diary, all I can think of to say is grilled cheese is amazing and I'm in love with it. :lovedup:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
2nd July 2018

Firstly I am so sorry I haven't posted anything for a while! @Ucashelp no I haven't ended my blog but because I'm away in the US it's a bit more difficult for me to post so often.

I've been super busy the past week or so! My boyfriend has been taking my hiking along these little trails near where he lives, seeing the sunset at the peak of hills/mountains and out on dates.

He surprised me actually a few days ago by arranging a full date night. We went out to dinner at a really good restaurant, went and saw the sunset on the summer solstice (there's a place where the sun sets perfectly in a gap in the mountains) and then saw the Incredibles 2 in the cinema. It was such a great night.

I've been doing some baking too during the days because my boyfriend had to work. That was a lot of fun. I also spent some time hanging out with his brother's girlfriend. She's awesome and I love chatting with her.

This week though my boyfriend has off because it's the 4th of July. However it is so disappointing but the whole state has got really strict restrictions on fireworks this year. Nowhere nearby is doing any. There's been some wildfires around because it's so hot and hasn't rained in like a month so the risk is too high. That is really sad because I would have loved to have seen them.

We've just gotten back from camping. There's this spot in the hills and the trees where we go. We have a fire and cooked steak and potatoes, and just relaxed with drinks and chatting. It was so nice for it to be just us two.

The rest of this week will be going to new places and just spending time together. I also found out today that I passed first year including getting a first in one module! How great is that!

As for the food diary, all I can think of to say is grilled cheese is amazing and I'm in love with it.

@Know Your Enemy

No need to apologise for the lack of updates; you're having fun and that's all that matters! :h:i Congrats on your first year pass...a First in one module. That's amazing! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest