The Student Room Group

computing help - writing pseudocode

Hey fellow computing students - just wondering how do you write pseudocode and are there any helpful resources that can show me how to do so because I'm really terrible at it.

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
If you are studying OCR Computer science I'd recommend first looking at the pseudo code guide published by the exam board: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/260952-pseudocode-guide-teacher-guide.pdf

This covers more or less all of the programming constructs you should be familiar with for the exam.

Once you have done that you can ask your teacher to access exam builder on the OCR website and they should be able to get you some practice questions for you to have a go at (or find them in any practice papers you have access to).
Reply 3
Original post by Comp_Sci
If you are studying OCR Computer science I'd recommend first looking at the pseudo code guide published by the exam board: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/260952-pseudocode-guide-teacher-guide.pdf

This covers more or less all of the programming constructs you should be familiar with for the exam.

Once you have done that you can ask your teacher to access exam builder on the OCR website and they should be able to get you some practice questions for you to have a go at (or find them in any practice papers you have access to).

thanks. but I'm doing compsci with AQA - so I dunno if there is any difference with learning how to write pseudocode....
What I'd do is look at the mark scheme for some questions from sample/past papers (from AQA) that involve pseudo code and compare that with the OCR pseudo code guide. If they are somewhat similar then you should probably be okay with the OCR guide. I wasn't able to find the same resource in the AQA spec but you might be able to find a similar guide if you do some digging.

Quick Reply

Latest