The Student Room Group

HMRC customer service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyR1
Have you opted for part time?

Might be it take more time to finalize everything for those who wish to work part-time as full-time is pretty straightforward.

Nope! I applied for full time
Anyone starting in Liverpool on the 24th Sep?

Also good luck to everyone starting Monday
Has anyone heard back a start date for 24th September in Cumbernauld. I’m part time and wanted to know who else is working that time.
Anyone had an interview I have one tomorrow just found this thread didn't know it was still going until today. What is the interview like; in my application I didn't have any competencies (unlike other applications) just did a personal statement will they be asking questions based on this. As it is listed as a type of apprenticeship.
Hi everyone I had my interview on Tuesday I think it went well nowhere near as bad as I thought! How long did it take for you all to hear back from them? Thankyou x
Hey. For anyone starting in Glasgow on Monday, after you accepted your formal offer and received email with start date, did you have any further contact with HMRC? Just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything and that I'm definitely OK to start on Monday haha.
Reply 546
Original post by swimuntil
Hey. For anyone starting in Glasgow on Monday, after you accepted your formal offer and received email with start date, did you have any further contact with HMRC? Just want to make sure that I haven't missed anything and that I'm definitely OK to start on Monday haha.

Hey, I’m starting in Glasgow on 24th so can’t offer much help with that! But so far I’ve had the same communication with them as you mentioned, also received the pensions form in the post.

Only just now I went back to the formal offer email and saw the welcome attachment with a link to the Civil Service Induction website! Glad I found this now cause it says there’s some info to know before you start.

Good luck with starting on Monday! :smile:
I have an interview this week for the customer service role and I am really worried! On my application it states that it will be 45 minutes long and tells me the 3 competencies that they will ask me about. I have read through the framework etc but can anyone give me any more advice on what I should do to help prepare for my interview. I haven't had one in so long so feel very out of practice!
Original post by Laurra17
I have an interview this week for the customer service role and I am really worried! On my application it states that it will be 45 minutes long and tells me the 3 competencies that they will ask me about. I have read through the framework etc but can anyone give me any more advice on what I should do to help prepare for my interview. I haven't had one in so long so feel very out of practice!

Did you not get an email from them after they arranged an interview? I had mine in May and got a ‘preparation’ pack in an email which told me what to expect and the competencies that they would ask me. From the top of my head they were:

managing a quality service and delivering at pace whilst the competencie ‘leading and communicating’ was assessed on you behaviours throughout the interview.

did you not get an email explaining all this? Might have changed things up with this new recruitment so take what I say with a pinch of salt
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dropout lout
Did you not get an email from them after they arranged an interview? I had mine in May and got a ‘preparation’ pack in an email which told me what to expect and the competencies that they would ask me. From the top of my head they were:

managing a quality service and delivering at pace whilst the competencie ‘leading and communicating’ was assessed on you behaviours throughout the interview.

did you not get an email explaining all this? Might have changed things up with this new recruitment so take what I say with a pinch of salt

I have literally looked through EVERYTHING they have sent me and I can' find any information detailing which competencies I will be tested on - argh!!

I am also a bit confused, do I still need to bring a passport sized photo if I have my passport and driving licence with me? Everything I have read about it seems a bit conflicting.
Original post by Laurra17
I have literally looked through EVERYTHING they have sent me and I can' find any information detailing which competencies I will be tested on - argh!!

I am also a bit confused, do I still need to bring a passport sized photo if I have my passport and driving licence with me? Everything I have read about it seems a bit conflicting.

Oh damn that’s no good. You should contact HR and let them know maybe as there could be a **** up their end.

Best way to prepare for these interviews is to have your competencies prepared beforehand, making sure you hit the bulletpoints outlines in the framework and learn it off by heart. You can take notes into the interview to help you incase you forget anything.

yes it’s best to take pass port photos as they probably use them to stick onto your application or something to help identify you.
Reply 551
2 Passport photos required. One will be attached to your application and one will be used for your security pass if successful. Competencies are managing a quality service, delivering at pace and leading and communication. The last one will just be an overview from your interview. Hope this helps?
Original post by Kath S
2 Passport photos required. One will be attached to your application and one will be used for your security pass if successful. Competencies are managing a quality service, delivering at pace and leading and communication. The last one will just be an overview from your interview. Hope this helps?

Thank you so much. That is a big help. Do I not need to prepare an example for leading and communication then? Is that just something they will judge me on from my interview?
Reply 553
No example required. They just mark you on how you've come across in the interview. Interview lasted no more than 30 minutes. They were really friendly. Will put you at ease. My interview was in April. Had formal job offer in July. Started September.
Reply 554
Has anyone for Manchester/Salford still waiting for a formal offer?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 555
Original post by swimuntil

Hey, how did you get on? I’m starting on the 24th and hope I haven’t missed anything either haha!
Reply 556
Original post by ksq
Thank you! :smile:

Hey, have you heard anything yet? :smile:
Reply 557
Original post by penryn
Hey, how did you get on? I’m starting on the 24th and hope I haven’t missed anything either haha!

Same here feels weird starting when i haven't even had contact from them since my formal offer.
Original post by zoyte
Same here feels weird starting when i haven't even had contact from them since my formal offer.

This was the email I received this morning....
Good Morning,

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and in particular to the Customer Services Group.

To enable us to complete your induction on your first day can you ensure you bring:

your bank/building society details
your Income Tax form P45 received from your last employer if you have one
details of any other job for which you are paid
photographic ID such as a passport, driving licence or one passport sized photograph

We look forward to meeting you on 24 September 2018.
Reply 559
Did anyone start at at Peterlee on the 17th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending