The Student Room Group

Donald Trump to visit UK in July

Scroll to see replies

COuldnt care any less he should be allowed to come whether you agree or disagree with his views- no point protesting it what does that do? he probably enjoys seeing everyone out - protest about something important
Original post by Dez
Protests rarely achieve much, but that doesn't make them "anti-democratic", as you posited.

Do you not believe it's anti-democratic to reject the result of a democratic election?
Original post by Dez
I hope it rains the whole the time so he can't visit his golf course.

There's always the driving range...
This is gonna get nasty,
Original post by L S
There's always the driving range...

Theresa May is taking him to top golf?
Original post by L S
The man has been president since the beginning of 2017. By staging protests in order to intentionally prevent a democratically elected head of state from visiting a country, they're not only showing themselves to be incredibly petty and inconsiderate: they're also showing themselves to be anti-democratic.

They arent preventing him from visiting, but they are exercising their right to protest about the visit. That isnt petty, inconsiderate or anti democratic.
Good.

Why are people are so against him coming to this country? They were totally happy letting Obama come in when he was ordering air strikes in around 5 countries.
Original post by 999tigger
They arent preventing him from visiting, but they are exercising their right to protest about the visit. That isnt petty, inconsiderate or anti democratic.

Up until now, the anti-Donald Trump protests have forced him to delay his state visit to the United Kingdom, because the very last thing he wants to do is cause tension within such an important ally.
With the amount of security that Trump would likely get, id be surprised if any protestor got within 6 miles.
Original post by L S
Up until now, the anti-Donald Trump protests have forced him to delay his state visit to the United Kingdom, because the very last thing he wants to do is cause tension within such an important ally.

There havent been any protests. He is unpopular with large parts of the UK. Those UK citizens are allowed to protest in their own country to show they disagree with his policies.

I wouldnt kid yourself we are that important. he thinks nothing of laying into TM on twitter. His new more important relationship is with macron.

The idea he stayed away because he doesnt want to cause tension is only half the story. I just think he will take it very personally if anyone dares to protest against him and punish everyone accordingly.

They should recognise he is the elected leader of our want to be greatest ally, but I doubt anyone is thinking its about America.
Reply 30
Please tell me you guys have seen Russell Howard’s sketch about this in his show Recalibrate
#Liz4Bait 😂👏🏻
Reply 31
He is unpopular with large parts of the UK.

Yeah right, middle class students and hipsters, give us a break
Original post by Reiji
Yeah right, middle class students and hipsters, give us a break

Well wait and see. If he isnt then it was a good call and there wont be any protests or they will be as small as you think.
There havent been any protests.

I believe they are just middle class students and hipsters as pointed out above, so nothing to worry about.

I actually think its too soon and he is going to take major offence, then respond accordingly. We will see.
What they need is lots of rain.
who else is excited for the God-King himself to visit? I know I am
Original post by Andrew97
With the amount of security that Trump would likely get, id be surprised if any protestor got within 6 miles.

That's just as well, because apparently there will be a million protesters on the day of his state visit who will be attempting to make a citizen's arrest of Donald Trump for his 'incitement of racial hatred'.

Original post by L S
That's just as well, because apparently there will be a million protesters on the day of his state visit who will be attempting to make a citizen's arrest of Donald Trump for his 'incitement of racial hatred'.

That won’t happen. If they try to go near trump for that purpose. Fairly sure they would be taken down.
He is going to blank out Sadiq and Bercow and... rightly so. He actually thinks as much of our political class, May included, as they do about him.
Reply 39
Original post by L S
Do you not believe it's anti-democratic to reject the result of a democratic election?

You mean the election where the Dems got the majority of the vote but Trump won anyway? The election whose presidential campaigns, were they to be held in the UK, would be deemed totally illegal? That democratic election, right? I can't see why anybody would want to protest about that. 🙈

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending