Reply 2
Original post by sxhxl
Any story’s from personal experience? Just need some motivation for my gcses 🤕

So stressed right now
Original post by a.lee
So stressed right now

lol
my first exam is in 19 days which is RS Christianity

Judging by the replies I assume theirs been no success stories when cramming revision. good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Hiraeth.
my first exam is in 19 days which is RS Christianity

Judging by the replies I assume theirs been no success stories when cramming revision. good luck!

same here i have the same exam as you and im just not gonna revise for it cus re isnt that important for me
Original post by winflag
same here i have the same exam as you and im just not gonna revise for it cus re isnt that important for me

The only exam I'm not revising much for is Spanish
It's RS is not needed at all, but it's an easy A* even with little revision; i'm sure we will both be fine for that subject
im just been having fantasies of the last day of exams where i walk in my room and throw all my revision **** away :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Hiraeth.
The only exam I'm not revising much for is Spanish
It's RS is not needed at all, but it's an easy A* even with little revision; i'm sure we will both be fine for that subject

i do french and ive already done 25% of it. And same im not gonna revise for it that much over other more important things like maths
Original post by somebrick
whens your first exam?

tomorrow and i just found out now that it's writing AND speaking (i'm doing it outside of school so they only said speaking)...
uIve ****ed about all my life at school but knuckled down for these,
sorry mate but your ****ed with cramming, its **** you need structure GCSES are harder this year so no chance concentrate maths and
english, I revise 5 a day
Original post by sxhxl

Hi 😃 , I’m currently doing A-level Maths/Chemistry/Biology and at GCSE I got:

Maths -8
English Lang - 7
English lit - 5
Geography - A
DT - A
French - C
Biology - B
Chemistry - A
Physics - A

(There are a few more but they’re like unique GCSE’s)

Honestly I will tell you I ONLY seriously revised for the main mocks we had and in that period I memorised the CGP books let me tell you they are your best friend I did this for all sciences and for maths I watched every video on maths watch and repeated questions now when it came closer to the GCSE’s I didnt revise until 2 weeks before and I only went over the science and maths and memorised English techniques and for the other other subjects I promise to you I did no revision and im genuinely saying this that I am not naturally smart. If you do a level you will find many students who did revision last minute and for GCSE’s it works because they’re not that hard however do not treat A level the same way. Make sure to memorise key information and equations for physics and maths

Good Luck (DO NOT STRESS it will only make things harder and make you feel like there’s a lot of pressure)
(edited 6 years ago)
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77289490]tomorrow and i just found out now that it's writing AND speaking (i'm doing it outside of school so they only said speaking)...

wow.... Good luck. Hope do the best you can!
Original post by somebrick
whens your first exam?

9th May is my speaking exam for french but then I officially start all exams on 14th
Original post by Connor1234321
uIve ****ed about all my life at school but knuckled down for these,
sorry mate but your ****ed with cramming, its **** you need structure GCSES are harder this year so no chance concentrate maths and
english, I revise 5 a day

I’m naturally good at English & maths tho, I can get a 7 at least without revising, its stuff like science, french, geography etc. That I’m worried about
Original post by sxhxl
I’m naturally good at English & maths tho, I can get a 7 at least without revising, its stuff like science, french, geography etc. That I’m worried about

yeah geography is a pain, idk how ive been winging an 8 in my last few mocks
Reply 16
Original post by sxhxl

I feel as though there is a lot of stigma around cramming and everyone says thats it's not a good form of revision, but i disagree. Yes, admittedly doing revision little and often early on can be very effective, however i have basically crammed my entire way through secondary school and have received mainly straight As. Cramming can be quite effective if you have a better short-term memory and when you're in the exam hall, all the cramming you did last night will be fresh in your mind. HOWEVER, I am by no means saying that you should leave all your revision to last minute! Make sure that you understand what you are cramming first, have at least a little base knowledge and be hot on your exam technique. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :smile:
Original post by sxhxl

I mean, I don't agree with cramming BUT I crammed for my English, got an A* in Language and B in Lit. Doing A Level English. (hypocritical, I know.)
Heads up if you take A Levels - Don't cram. Mainly because, it is not possible.
Original post by lxaura8
I feel as though there is a lot of stigma around cramming and everyone says thats it's not a good form of revision, but i disagree. Yes, admittedly doing revision little and often early on can be very effective, however i have basically crammed my entire way through secondary school and have received mainly straight As. Cramming can be quite effective if you have a better short-term memory and when you're in the exam hall, all the cramming you did last night will be fresh in your mind. HOWEVER, I am by no means saying that you should leave all your revision to last minute! Make sure that you understand what you are cramming first, have at least a little base knowledge and be hot on your exam technique. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :smile:

Thanks! Hopefully I’ll do well
I crammed everytbing the night before. I had never revised history outside of lesson until the night before my exam and I got 100 UMS on one of the papers and over 90 UMS on the other two. I crammed so much the night before each exam and came out with A*’s in everything, an 8 in Maths and 7’s in English Language and Literature. When I say cramming tho it was intensive as in I would sit for hours and not move. I know it may not be effective long term but it pays off grade wise as I got highest grades in my year. Just make sure that when you cram it’s effective and you’re not just reading. I liked to make mind maps and use lots of coloured pens so I can remember the colours of topics etc. It’s just what works best for you:smile: (if anyone is wondering my options were triple science history sport and drama)

Quick Reply

Latest