The Student Room Group

French speaking general conversation

How long do your answers have to go on for in the general conversation section of french speaking tests (AQA)????
i think the general conversation is supposed to go on for 5-7 minutes? not sure. For mine I wrote about 3/4 sentences for each question and that was good.
Reply 2
Original post by serpent666
i think the general conversation is supposed to go on for 5-7 minutes? not sure. For mine I wrote about 3/4 sentences for each question and that was good.

How long does each answer have to last (time wise)??
Original post by brendarob
How long does each answer have to last (time wise)??

It depends on how many questions you do, and if you’re doing higher or foundation. Which theme did you pick?
We got told 35 seconds per like individual question, but I think maybe just try and think of a couple of sentences to throw in that show your use of high level grammar/tense - try and get the Conditional in if possible - as you will get higher marks if it doesn't sound like you're reading off of a script.

My teacher told me not to prepare speaking answers for this reason.
Reply 5
Original post by serpent666
It depends on how many questions you do, and if you’re doing higher or foundation. Which theme did you pick?

I'm going higher. My themes are Holidays, New technology and school/future. There are 6 questions on holidays and 5 each for technology and school/future but idk if I have to answer all of them honestly don't have a clue
Reply 6
Okay so I ended up doing around 6 or 7 lines for each one (including a question on some). Got in loads of A* vocab and plenty of conditional tense, and past present and future and other structures and opinions here there and everywhere. My teacher is pleased so I'm happy😂 the test is next Thursday ahha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending