The Student Room Group

Subjects for Game Development | Music Tech or Graphic Communication

I want to get a career in game development in the future and I’ve chosen most of my subjects for next academic year, but I need help with the last one.

The subjects I’m taking next academic year are:
•Maths
•English
•Computing Science
•Business Management
•Physics

For the 6th one I’m not sure if I should take Graphic Communication Or Music Tech. I’m already currently taking Music Tech and I did technical in S1 & S2 but then I dropped that for this year (S3) so I’ll be behind in it.

Which one would benefit me more for an indie game business, since I’m going to create my own business in the future?

I’m also thinking of taking game design and/or other video game courses after high school.

I need help very quick. I would love it if you helped and I would greatly appreciate it.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum section.
Hi Dilianio,

Both look like they could be useful. On the one hand, graphic communication has utility in helping to develop promotional materials for your game. On the other hand, music technology would be helpful for developing the audio assets in your game.

I suggest thinking about the advantages and disadvantages of each choice, and contrast these in a decision grid:

http://www.sloperama.com/advice/m70.htm

Let us know how it goes.

With Regards,
Michael

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending