The Student Room Group

Noisy student halls

Hi all!

So I’m in my final year of university and revising for final exams. My second of five is first thing tomorrow morning.

My query is what are my rights in student halls if my neighbours keep me up with music the night before an exam?

I don’t have a warden, and the halls are independent of the university. The music is never particularly loud, I’m just easily disturbed in my sleep.

My neighbours have just put music on and at the moment it’s at a volume I can probably sleep through. I don’t know them personally but I get the gist they’re party animals (they’ve had a few flat parties. Always a bit rowdy in the hallway when they walk past etc) so I’m not sure whether they’d actually turn it up if I complained to them! They may even be freshers and not understand the pressure I’m under.

Suggestions please? I don’t want to come across as *****y but I need my sleep before an exam!

Edit: I do have earplugs (the sponge kind) but don’t find them particularly effective against bass. Any suggestions of good brands welcome!
(edited 5 years ago)
If they're using Spotify use wifi killer to shut them down or not any other form of speaker hijacking can work a quick google search and a short tutorial should do the trick. Have fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending