The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation

Hi I’ve been offered accommodation in student village, is it possible to change to Walcourt? I prefer an en-suite though and I know these are limited at walcourt
Reply 1
your best options to swap are probably either, find someone else to swap with in wallscourt which many people are doing via uni groups on facebook and such then calling up to let the uni know of the change, or wait for results day (for when people have dropped out/not gotten in and their rooms become available) to email/ring up and ask if you can change. The uni very quickly filled up all allocation spaces and many including myself were left without accommodations, and they are VERY slowly allocating some people rooms as and when they become available, so it may be hard to swap at this point.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lucokumora
your best options to swap are probably either, find someone else to swap with in wallscourt which many people are doing via uni groups on facebook and such then calling up to let the uni know of the change, or wait for results day (for when people have dropped out/not gotten in and their rooms become available) to email/ring up and ask if you can change. The uni very quickly filled up all allocation spaces and many including myself were left without accommodations, and they are VERY slowly allocating some people rooms as and when they become available, so it may be hard to swap at this point.

Ok thanks Hope you get a room 🤞- I know they have more applicants than places
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’ve been offered accommodation in student village, is it possible to change to Walcourt? I prefer an en-suite though and I know these are limited at walcourt

Hey, did you manage to get yourself an en-suite? I've got an en-suite room but its at Phoenix Court (in the city) not at Walcourt. Whilst Phoenix Court great for the social scene (close to restaurants, pubs and clubs and getting a part time job), I was looking to get myself a room at Frenchay where my course is based. lmk if you're interested.
Reply 4
Hi, yes I got an en-suite in Brecon - right next to the hockey pitch! Heard it’s noisy. I applied as soon as the accommodation came out and already had accepted my place at UWE as I took a year out.
I’m happy to be at student village as it’s on site but I think the halls in the city centre are much nicer and will be more fun on a social level. Easy to get the bus to Frenchay during the day not so easy at 4 in the morning!
You could ask accommodation if you could change if people drop out, but might not happen as I’ve heard they are putting people in accommodation in Cheltenham from UWE.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

Glad to see that you got your accommodation situation sorted, if you or anyone else need the Accommodation services contact details they are;

Accommodation enquiries

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)117 32 83601

Here are also some more useful numbers and details - https://www.uwe.ac.uk/about/contact-us/how-to-contact-us

All the Best

Martin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending