The Student Room Group

Miscellaneous Thread VII

Scroll to see replies

German football legend dies at age 78!

Franz Beckenbauer was the best German player for the majority, maybe the very best for some. May he rest in piece, his contribution for German football can't be told in words.

:rip:
(edited 3 months ago)
Wow I do not like this rebrand.
Reply 3882
It's so bad
Reply 3883
This is a mess. Might be the moment I fully give up on it.

Couldn’t give a **** about a feed.

Who tested this and thought it was worthwhile.
Another loss for German football!

Andreas Brehme is dead after a heart-attack!

He won the World Cup in 1990 with the West German squad and even scored the deceisive penalty in Final.

:rip:
The most open and boring football secret.. Mbappe to Real Madrid looks like it is finally coming to its conclusion.

Looks like Mbappe will take a pay cut to move to Real Madrid but will get a huge €150mil sign-on bonus.
Guess no one cared about Joshua knocking out Ngannou. Although Ngannou showed he was decent against a flat Fury in his last fight.

I was amazed they let Ngannou get up after the 2nd time he was in the countdown. He was already basically gone and then Joshua pulled out that incredible punch. Ngannou was completely knocked out before he even hit the floor. Hope it doesn't cause him any serious long term health problems..
Oh no.. my long term spamming of the football forum has been noticed by the higher-ups :teeth:
Original post by Zerforax
Oh no.. my long term spamming of the football forum has been noticed by the higher-ups :teeth:

What happened?
Original post by Zerforax
Guess no one cared about Joshua knocking out Ngannou. Although Ngannou showed he was decent against a flat Fury in his last fight.

I was amazed they let Ngannou get up after the 2nd time he was in the countdown. He was already basically gone and then Joshua pulled out that incredible punch. Ngannou was completely knocked out before he even hit the floor. Hope it doesn't cause him any serious long term health problems..

We do. Fury didn’t train properly for Ngannou. It was expected for Joshua to beat him but I was surprised he did it so quickly.

Not sure why you thought it would be stopped after the 2nd knockdown. It’s a championship level fight. You can’t stop it then.

This is why the crossover fights can’t happen. Joshua treated Ngannou like a top level fighter and destroyed him as expected.
lol most boxers will demolish UFC guys in a fight if they take it remotely seriously. Josua clearly went for the throat whereas Fury didnt. It would be foolish to make predictions on actual boxers fighting based on such a gimmick

Boxing also being ruined with these crappy youtube fights

Gone off Fury as well, his whole gimmick is old now. And he wont actually fight anyone by the looks of it.

90s boxing was >>>
Even early 00s with Hatton, GGG, Mayweather, Manny was >>>

usyk/AJ 3 might happen though. AJ looked alot stronger than before ngl
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Driving_Mad
What happened?
We do. Fury didn’t train properly for Ngannou. It was expected for Joshua to beat him but I was surprised he did it so quickly.
Not sure why you thought it would be stopped after the 2nd knockdown. It’s a championship level fight. You can’t stop it then.
This is why the crossover fights can’t happen. Joshua treated Ngannou like a top level fighter and destroyed him as expected.

Got given an "Honorary Degree" by TSR :rofl:
Original post by Zürich
lol most boxers will demolish UFC guys in a fight if they take it remotely seriously. Josua clearly went for the throat whereas Fury didnt. It would be foolish to make predictions on actual boxers fighting based on such a gimmick
Boxing also being ruined with these crappy youtube fights
Gone off Fury as well, his whole gimmick is old now. And he wont actually fight anyone by the looks of it.
90s boxing was >>>
Even early 00s with Hatton, GGG, Mayweather, Manny was >>>
usyk/AJ 3 might happen though. AJ looked alot stronger than before ngl

Boxing has been hosting exhibition matches since the days of Muhammad Ali (and probably earlier) so this isn't really anything new.

I think before the big fighters were more willing to fight each other so it kept going. It didn't matter if you lost a fight as long as you kept fighting (maybe money was more important then?)

Now it seems to be all about trying to keep an "unbeaten" record and having maybe one super fight early one to have a claim to number 1 / best in the world / big brand and then avoiding anyone else similar until you're past your peak and you know a loss matters less because you've made enough money / protected the brand.

The youtube fighters are obviously low risk to fight (as any good boxer should win easily) but currently high in money value with the big purses and audidences.
Reply 3892
Yeah seeing AJ get cooked twice by usyk I thought his career was over hence the meltdown. He's bounced back since but he's not faced anyone top tier.

Quick Reply

Latest