The Student Room Group

Old People Driving

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by helppppoplsssss
Is it only me who seems to think that people over 50 should have to retake their driving test? i am sick of elderly people nearly causing so many accidents because they think it's acceptable to slam their brakes on and then indicate and proceed to turn left or right with no clear indication until the actions happening? they have very bad judgement skills of speed and how long it takes for them to get out of a junction compared to how long it will take for the other car to approach them. any thoughts ??

50? Add 20 years on and I agree there should be a mandatory re-test

Original post by Seamus123
Where I live, it's the 18-25s tearing around the town and the estates in rental cars their daddies got for them because the lads don't need to work making everyone's lives a misery and causing no end of anti-social problems. Generalising or what?

Not all young people (such as myself) are anti-social chavs in "tuned" Corsa D's and Golf GT's. I drive responsibly nearly 100% of the time (not counting track days)
Original post by JJB103
50? Add 20 years on and I agree there should be a mandatory re-test

Not all young people (such as myself) are anti-social chavs in "tuned" Corsa D's and Golf GT's. I drive responsibly nearly 100% of the time (not counting track days)

Exactly! But you are quite happy to generalise about older people based on your probably limited experience of older drivers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending