The Student Room Group

Why does everyone know how to drive but me

I feel like an absolute loser its been 2 years of me trying to learn to drive and I just am not getting any closer to the finish line. I have not even done a single test and every time I get close to doing one I always get told I am not ready. I have had over 70 lessons so many times had tests moved back. I wish I never existed why can everyone know how to drive but me. I feel like all my friends know how to drive even people younger than me have hacked it but me (20 year old stupid female) can't hack it :frown:( i hate myself
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by victoriu
I feel like an absolute loser its been 2 years of me trying to learn to drive and I just am not getting any closer to the finish line. I have not even done a single test and every time I get close to doing one I always get told I am not ready. I have had over 70 lessons so many times had tests moved back. I wish I never existed why can everyone know how to drive but me. I feel like all my friends know how to drive even people younger than me have hacked it but me (20 year old stupid female) can't hack it :frown:( i hate myself

have you always had one instructor? cuz if so they shouldnt be taking so long. maybe try an intensive course? im sure you can do it especially if youve been trying for so long. believe in yourself and just book a test! worst case you fail and try again but best case you pass!

wdym you wish you never existed, dont be so stupid and say these weird things just because you can't pass. I know lots of people who have took over 3-4 years learning how to drive and 70 lessons isn't bad so I dont k ow where you've go this view from

are you sure your instructor isn't delaying things on purpose? im 17 and had around 15 lessons and ive got my test in a week if I can get a date. initially I thought my instructor wis delaying things because he hadn't started taking me onto dual carriageways and doing manoeuvres. when I told him about this he did them and I mastered them in one lesson

Everyone learns at their own pace your not the only one to have wasted thousands of pounds on driving and in the end not know how to drive me being 22 I can relate.
Reply 4
Original post by arch17
have you always had one instructor? cuz if so they shouldnt be taking so long. maybe try an intensive course? im sure you can do it especially if youve been trying for so long. believe in yourself and just book a test! worst case you fail and try again but best case you pass!

I have been through so many instructors the one I have now is good but I just feel depressed cuz I can't sit my test on tuesday and will have to rebook it again honestly losing hope I will ever drive.
Reply 5
I’m 23, a bit older and have failed, and will keep going. I’ve seen many people younger pass on the first attempt but that shouldn’t be your focus. NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME. Try changing your instructor; if you were ready and all of a sudden they say you’re not, that’s okay! That means you’ve had several good drives and a couple bad… drivers to this day that have passed are terrible! But keep going!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending