The Student Room Group

When/how should I apply for a uni PT job?

……
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Cat476
I'm planning on getting a job at uni and I know I should apply early because all the good ones will be gone if I leave it too late but when should I apply? I live nowhere near Nottingham so can't go in for interviews ahead of time. I'll use Indeed so do you think it's worth applying earlier and mentioning that I won't be able to start/have an interview until uni starts?

Sorry if I sound stupid but I just don't want to miss all the best jobs and be stuck with one I hate lmao. Also if anyone's had experience with a PT job while doing uni, how many hrs a week did you work and would you recommend is best for a bearable work/study/party ratio lifestyle?

Not sure what you mean by missing the best jobs. The town is not just a uni one so jobs are not just waiting for students to come and take them. Apply when you have a good idea of what your timetable will be like once you are at uni and can attend interviews etc. You will also find that some part time jobs are not advertised online so you will have to walk around the centre handing out your CV.
Original post by alleycat393
Not sure what you mean by missing the best jobs. The town is not just a uni one so jobs are not just waiting for students to come and take them. Apply when you have a good idea of what your timetable will be like once you are at uni and can attend interviews etc. You will also find that some part time jobs are not advertised online so you will have to walk around the centre handing out your CV.

I meant the best jobs on offer at the time and it is a very student populated city so I know there will probably be competition over certain positions. But will do, thanks
Original post by Cat476
I meant the best jobs on offer at the time and it is a very student populated city so I know there will probably be competition over certain positions. But will do, thanks

Well at any given time there will be good and not so good jobs available and then again it's all dependent on what you consider good and not so good. Anyway, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending