The Student Room Group

why do SF count PT study as FT study

Hi, Why does SF count PT study as FT, when it comes to how much finance is available for study?

Many thanks
What exactly do you mean? Part-time funding and full-time funding are two entirely separate processes, and prior full-time study does not affect your entitlement for part-time funding (not sure if it's the same vice versa though). You are eligible for up to I believe 12 (or maybe 16?) years of part-time funding, although equivalent or lower level qualification (ELQ) rules may affect that eligibility if you have already earned a qualification at HE level.

However, the part-time funding model is only used for those courses regularly available as part-time i.e. have a separate UCAS code for a part-time version. For courses incidentally offered as part-time (e.g. full time courses where the regulations permit students to study part-time if they have extenuating circumstances) these are funded under the full time model - as it's a full-time course being studied in part-time mode, rather than a part-time course being studied in part-time mode. The reverse is also true although only occurs with OU courses, where they are all part-time courses but can be studied in full-time mode (and as such are still funded under the part-time model).
Reply 2
Hi Artful,

Thanks for getting back.

In the past, I completed a PT HNC (1 day per week) through college, over 2 years, paid for by my employer.

However, I have found when applying for FT course finance, this PT study was taken away from the entitlement (calculated as 2 full years).

Cheers
Original post by wardheed
Hi Artful,

Thanks for getting back.

In the past, I completed a PT HNC (1 day per week) through college, over 2 years, paid for by my employer.

However, I have found when applying for FT course finance, this PT study was taken away from the entitlement (calculated as 2 full years).

Cheers

Note you should use the "quote" function to allow others to see when you respond to them :smile:

I think @PQ answered you about this on your other thread though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending