Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ask any questions and I'll happily answer them. I'll answer 2,3,4,5 quickly but 12 markers I will take longer to answer. Make sure you refer to what it is though e.g theme ( crime and punishment), Islamic practices or Christianity beliefs .

ReputationRep:
    Explain reasons why incranation of jesus is important to christians? Use source and wisdom of authority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midokul)
    Explain reasons why incranation of jesus is important to christians? Use source and wisdom of authority
    The incarnation and virgin conception are miracles from God. Thus, it is important because Christians can see that God is omnipotent ("Nothing is impossible with God" - Bible) for such an action to occur.

The incarnation is also proof that Jesus was the son of God. This is because a normal child could not be conceived by the Holy Spirit. Thus the incarnation is important because it shows Jesus was part of the Trinity ("we believe in the father, son and Holy Spirit" Nicene Creed) and not a normal person - so this belief upholds the faith of Christianity.

ReputationRep:
    Hey what question do u. Recon will come up on the re paper for Islam and Christianity

ReputationRep:
    Two reasons why Trinity is important to Christians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha909)
    Hey what question do u. Recon will come up on the re paper for Islam and Christianity
    For Christianity, I think there may be a question on "Easter is important discuss(12)" or "Christmas is important discuss(12)"
    For Islam, I can't think of a specific question they would ask but it's highly likely it will say something along the lines of "(Example pillar) is the most important Discuss(12) or "This prophet is the most important Discuss(12).
    Hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk02)
    Two reasons why Trinity is important to Christians
    I'm assuming this is a 4 marker so won't give religious reference.
    The Trinity or Holy trinity as some refer to it is God existing as The Son(Jesus),The Father(God) and the Holy spirit.
    The reason why the Trinity is important to Christians is it helps Christian gain some understanding of God, who is in reality beyond human understanding.
    The Bible talks about God in different ways and therefore the Holy Trinity makes best sense of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolIsokay)
    I'm assuming this is a 4 marker so won't give religious reference.
    The Trinity or Holy trinity as some refer to it is God existing as The Son(Jesus),The Father(God) and the Holy spirit.
    The reason why the Trinity is important to Christians is it helps Christian gain some understanding of God, who is in reality beyond human understanding.
    The Bible talks about God in different ways and therefore the Holy Trinity makes best sense of that.
    Yeah it's a 4 mark question. What are the two main reasons, can you write clearly pls thanks

ReputationRep:
    in 2 different religions or 2 religious traditions what are the views to punishment and justice?

ReputationRep:
    Ask any questions and I'll happily answer them. I'll answer 2,3,4,5 quickly but 12 markers I will take longer to answer. Make sure you refer to what it is though e.g theme ( crime and punishment), Islamic practices or Christianity beliefs .
    Most important ways Christians demonstrate Christian compassion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra166)
    in 2 different religions or 2 religious traditions what are the views to punishment and justice?
    How many marks are you looking for on this question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk02)
    Yeah it's a 4 mark question. What are the two main reasons, can you write clearly pls thanks
    It helps Christians gain a greater understanding of God and Helps explain why the Bible writes about God differently.
    That's the clearest I can write it, but if you wrote that in the exam I doubt you'd get 4/4

ReputationRep:
    one answer could be that it tells us that God incarnated as Jesus, and so is a perfect role model for Christians

ReputationRep:
    In addition, for GCSE quotes do we have to put where the quote came from such as who's book it came from and the verse numbers etc

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got a bunch of questions they think will come up please

ReputationRep:
    which is more important Christmas or easter? 12 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brexit111)
    In addition, for GCSE quotes do we have to put where the quote came from such as who's book it came from and the verse numbers etc
    What sort of marks was the original question of yours looking for? And it's "Whose" sorry, but the verse number certainly isn't needed at GCSE and the book where it came from I wouldn't say would hurt you to know it: however, I don't think you'd miss out on marks for not knowing it if the quote was accurate.

ReputationRep:
    What is the importance of the Holy Communion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How many marks are you looking for on this question?
    8 marks

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys revising only 2 of the 3 themes in paper 2?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.