The Student Room Group

Offering rs gcse help

Ask any questions and I'll happily answer them. I'll answer 2,3,4,5 quickly but 12 markers I will take longer to answer. Make sure you refer to what it is though e.g theme ( crime and punishment), Islamic practices or Christianity beliefs .

Scroll to see replies

Explain reasons why incranation of jesus is important to christians? Use source and wisdom of authority
Original post by Midokul
Explain reasons why incranation of jesus is important to christians? Use source and wisdom of authority

The incarnation and virgin conception are miracles from God. Thus, it is important because Christians can see that God is omnipotent ("Nothing is impossible with God" - Bible) for such an action to occur.

The incarnation is also proof that Jesus was the son of God. This is because a normal child could not be conceived by the Holy Spirit. Thus the incarnation is important because it shows Jesus was part of the Trinity ("we believe in the father, son and Holy Spirit" Nicene Creed) and not a normal person - so this belief upholds the faith of Christianity.
Reply 3
Hey what question do u. Recon will come up on the re paper for Islam and Christianity
Reply 4
Two reasons why Trinity is important to Christians
Original post by Aisha909
Hey what question do u. Recon will come up on the re paper for Islam and Christianity

For Christianity, I think there may be a question on "Easter is important discuss(12)" or "Christmas is important discuss(12)"
For Islam, I can't think of a specific question they would ask but it's highly likely it will say something along the lines of "(Example pillar) is the most important Discuss(12) or "This prophet is the most important Discuss(12).
Hope this helps a little.
Original post by nk02
Two reasons why Trinity is important to Christians

I'm assuming this is a 4 marker so won't give religious reference.
The Trinity or Holy trinity as some refer to it is God existing as The Son(Jesus),The Father(God) and the Holy spirit.
The reason why the Trinity is important to Christians is it helps Christian gain some understanding of God, who is in reality beyond human understanding.
The Bible talks about God in different ways and therefore the Holy Trinity makes best sense of that.
Reply 7
Original post by SchoolIsokay
I'm assuming this is a 4 marker so won't give religious reference.
The Trinity or Holy trinity as some refer to it is God existing as The Son(Jesus),The Father(God) and the Holy spirit.
The reason why the Trinity is important to Christians is it helps Christian gain some understanding of God, who is in reality beyond human understanding.
The Bible talks about God in different ways and therefore the Holy Trinity makes best sense of that.

Yeah it's a 4 mark question. What are the two main reasons, can you write clearly pls thanks
in 2 different religions or 2 religious traditions what are the views to punishment and justice?
Ask any questions and I'll happily answer them. I'll answer 2,3,4,5 quickly but 12 markers I will take longer to answer. Make sure you refer to what it is though e.g theme ( crime and punishment), Islamic practices or Christianity beliefs .

Most important ways Christians demonstrate Christian compassion?
Original post by Zahra166
in 2 different religions or 2 religious traditions what are the views to punishment and justice?

How many marks are you looking for on this question?
Original post by nk02
Yeah it's a 4 mark question. What are the two main reasons, can you write clearly pls thanks

It helps Christians gain a greater understanding of God and Helps explain why the Bible writes about God differently.
That's the clearest I can write it, but if you wrote that in the exam I doubt you'd get 4/4
Reply 12
one answer could be that it tells us that God incarnated as Jesus, and so is a perfect role model for Christians

In addition, for GCSE quotes do we have to put where the quote came from such as who's book it came from and the verse numbers etc
has anyone got a bunch of questions they think will come up please

which is more important Christmas or easter? 12 marks
Original post by Brexit111
In addition, for GCSE quotes do we have to put where the quote came from such as who's book it came from and the verse numbers etc

What sort of marks was the original question of yours looking for? And it's "Whose" sorry, but the verse number certainly isn't needed at GCSE and the book where it came from I wouldn't say would hurt you to know it: however, I don't think you'd miss out on marks for not knowing it if the quote was accurate.
What is the importance of the Holy Communion.
How many marks are you looking for on this question?

8 marks
Reply 19
Are you guys revising only 2 of the 3 themes in paper 2?

Quick Reply