The Student Room Group

Coursework

So I'm taking hsc at sixth form and had to submit my coursework last Friday. I still haven't finished it or talked about it to the teacher as she has been sick this week but I am wondering if I still have time to submit it or if that was my one and only chance. How screwed am I? Does this mean I'm not gonna pass the course? If so, can I retake it despite this being my retake year already? Please respond xx.
Original post by xxtinaxs
So I'm taking hsc at sixth form and had to submit my coursework last Friday. I still haven't finished it or talked about it to the teacher as she has been sick this week but I am wondering if I still have time to submit it or if that was my one and only chance. How screwed am I? Does this mean I'm not gonna pass the course? If so, can I retake it despite this being my retake year already? Please respond xx.

Most sixth forms will say that the deadline for coursework is final, and many will give you 0 marks if it's not handed in by that date.

Maybe email your teacher and have some sort of discussion with them. Maybe they'll be able to help you out. Even if they're not physically in sixth form they should be checking their emails.

(It's worth noting that if you resit the A level you resit EVERYTHING, coursework and all written papers)
Reply 2
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Most sixth forms will say that the deadline for coursework is final, and many will give you 0 marks if it's not handed in by that date.

Maybe email your teacher and have some sort of discussion with them. Maybe they'll be able to help you out. Even if they're not physically in sixth form they should be checking their emails.

(It's worth noting that if you resit the A level you resit EVERYTHING, coursework and all written papers)

Hey! Thanks so much for replying. Problem is my teacher is terrible and we haven't got the best relationship, so I don't think she will be willing to actually let me submit it now. Is it possible to retake a btec course during year 13 when you have already retaken year 12 (I had to cause I moved to a different city) ? I mean, I have another 2 as levels that I'm confident I will pass with an A and a B/C, won't I be able to move on to year 13 then, not even if I do a new different AS rather than completing an A level or btec course?

omfg I'm sorry for all the questions! xx

Quick Reply

Latest