The Student Room Group

Should I do a joint degree?

I'm going to study Archaeology later this year, but found out that it is still possible to change your degree and that most people who study something history-related do a joint degree. Do you think I should do a joint degree? I'm still thinking about whether I want to, but I feel like I will be disadvantaged if I don't, because most people in my area will have done a joint degree.
Original post by prinseparadox
I'm going to study Archaeology later this year, but found out that it is still possible to change your degree and that most people who study something history-related do a joint degree. Do you think I should do a joint degree? I'm still thinking about whether I want to, but I feel like I will be disadvantaged if I don't, because most people in my area will have done a joint degree.

Why do you think most people studying history study joint degrees. That isn’t true. And joint degrees very often offer no advantage - they’re often badly organised and can damage your chances of getting a good degree classification.
Original post by PQ
Why do you think most people studying history study joint degrees. That isn’t true. And joint degrees very often offer no advantage - they’re often badly organised and can damage your chances of getting a good degree classification.

I'm in a group chat with people from the school of histiry and archaeology and classics, and yeah to be fair when i checked it, 2/3 of people who are gonna do history itself only do histiry, but almost all people who are gonna do something like classical history or archaeology do a joint degree. But if you think it won't put me at a disadvantage that's good! Thanks a bunch
If there's another subject you want to do, do a joint degree.

If you'd rather just do one subject, stick with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending