The Student Room Group

TSR please remove profane emoji

Idk how many ppl will agree with me, however I regard the 'Jebus' emoji as disrespectful and blasphemous, this may strike some users as nonsense however this has more to do with the usage of the emoji, it's being used in a negative light, hurtful to the sentiments of certain people. Also the depiction of a holy ascetic and prophet in a comical light is highly disrespectful, it's not according to TSR standards of respect for all people/ their feelings.

Scroll to see replies

There was a thread like this a few weeks ago, started by a Christian IIRC.

Perhaps there ought to be a poll vote on it or something. Or you could always start a petition about it and present it to CT in the relevant forum :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
There was a thread like this a few weeks ago, started by a Christian IIRC.

Perhaps there ought to be a poll vote on it or something. Or you could always start a petition about it and present it to CT in the relevant forum :yep:

Please link it to me I would not create a dupe thread if this is the case!
Original post by adamantacademic
Please link it to me I would not create a dupe thread if this is the case!

Will see if I can find it - can't remember who started it, so might take a while :yes:
Will see if I can find it - can't remember who started it, so might take a while :yes:

np
Reply 5
Idk how many ppl will agree with me, however I regard the 'Jebus' emoji as disrespectful and blasphemous, this may strike some users as nonsense however this has more to do with the usage of the emoji, it's being used in a negative light, hurtful to the sentiments of certain people. Also the depiction of a holy ascetic and prophet in a comical light is highly disrespectful, it's not according to TSR standards of respect for all people/ their feelings.

oh no are your feeeeewings hurt :frown: beta males smh
Original post by Dirac_
oh no are your feeeeewings hurt :frown:(((( beta males smh

Meh if feelings of other groups were hurt, there would be riots
Reply 7

clever response, you big boy :smile:
np

Can't seem to find it. Maybe it was a post in a thread rather than a thread in itself... Will have another look but no promises about finding it :holmes:
What is the ‘Jebus’ emoji? 🤔
Can't seem to find it. Maybe it was a post in a thread rather than a thread in itself... Will have another look but no promises about finding it :holmes:

Dw I’ll file a petition to CT tomorrow thanks for understanding and helping tho
Original post by Muhsin786
What is the ‘Jebus’ emoji? 🤔

This one

Spoiler

This one

Spoiler

Ah ok
Reply 13
:laugh:

I am dissatisfied with the Christian and Muslim beliefs that say that I will be tortured after my death, but I've never felt inclined to riot.
:snow:
Original post by Onde
I am dissatisfied with the Christian and Muslim beliefs that say that I will be tortured after my death, but I've never felt inclined to riot.

But you would riot if there was an emoji of your mother in a satirical manner, Jesus is more beloved to us than our own kin
But you would riot if there was an emoji of your mother in a satirical manner, Jesus is more beloved to us than our own kin

Nah
This one

Spoiler

i opened your spoiler :emo:

Spoiler

tbh as a lifelong follower of Our Lord the Risen Son of God i am not offended by this emoji. i am sure He would have smiled.

[scrollr]:jebus:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:jebus:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:jebus:[/scrollr]
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending