The Student Room Group

Does anyone here actually enjoy taking psychology (aqa) for A-levels?

It is literally the hardest and the most boring subject out of my 3 A-levels. I regret taking it so much :frown: I enjoy revising for maths and chemistry but when it comes psychology I just get really annoyed and stressed out. Paper 1 is tomorrow and I just feel dead inside.

Scroll to see replies

No I hate psychology as well as all my other a levels lol. Yeah same I feel dead inside as well... how much revision have you done?
Reply 2
Original post by Estarossa
No I hate psychology as well as all my other a levels lol. Yeah same I feel dead inside as well... how much revision have you done?

I’ve actually spent a lot of time revising but I tend to forget a lot. There’s just so much content and evaluation points to learn! I’ve done a fair amount of essay plans but my memory for psychology is absolutely tragic.

I legit need another yearrrrr
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Lala~
I’ve actually spent a lot of time revising but I tend to forget a lot. There’s just so much content and evaluation points to learn! I’ve done a fair amount of essay plans but my memory for psychology is absolutely tragic.

I legit need another yearrrrr

Yeah same but I’m pretty rusty on everything but social influence tbh lol I’m done for 😂 I hate how they’re cramming 2 years worth of content into such a small space of time :/
i feel like screaming,

alevel psych was the worst decision i made.

but im confident for the exam, just need to go over research methods :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah same but I’m pretty rusty on everything but social influence tbh lol I’m done for 😂 I hate how they’re cramming 2 years worth of content into such a small space of time :/
same tbh and the only topic in psychology I can do is methods. I wonder if the old spec was easier, I remember people calling psychology a 'soft' subject before (which is pretty much why I chose it lol). I was so wrong tsk.

Original post by soIiIoquy
i feel like screaming,

alevel psych was the worst decision i made.

but im confident for the exam, just need to go over research methods :smile:

lol I'm the opposite, I'm fine with methods but the rest nuuuuu ;(
Original post by Lala~
same tbh and the only topic in psychology I can do is methods. I wonder if the old spec was easier, I remember people calling psychology a 'soft' subject before (which is pretty much why I chose it lol). I was so wrong tsk.

what are you stuck on?
Original post by Lala~

Honestly RM is quite straightforward (apart from statistics) so I’m just hoping a bunch come up in memory, attachment or psychopathology 😂 I think it was easier in the old spec? Lol my brother did it and he got a D
Reply 8
Original post by soIiIoquy
what are you stuck on?
Mainly paper 3. I know my content for paper 1 and 2 but it's just that I find it hard to remember them easily especially when it comes to evaluation. Today I was reading through all the 16 marker essay samples for paper 1 and all the content just stressed me out. I just want to try and remember all of them but that would be impossible. There's just so many things to remember! I'm also really anxious on how I'm going to deal with the questions. You know how there should always be a specific way in answering them :frown: I wish I started all my essays plans in year 7 lmao
Original post by Lala~
Mainly paper 3. I know my content for paper 1 and 2 but it's just that I find it hard to remember them easily especially when it comes to evaluation. Today I was reading through all the 16 marker essay samples for paper 1 and all the content just stressed me out. I just want to try and remember all of them but that would be impossible. There's just so many things to remember! I'm also really anxious on how I'm going to deal with the questions. You know how there should always be a specific way in answering them :frown: I wish I started all my essays plans in year 7 lmao

yeah, like when im revising it i know it solid, but if you ask me like a week later, i'll have forgotten. just keeprehearsing it and be repetitive, after all its like a memory exam to some extent.

dont stress, just be calm, you'll be fine, :smile: xoxo
Reply 10
Honestly RM is quite straightforward (apart from statistics) so I’m just hoping a bunch come up in memory, attachment or psychopathology 😂 I think it was easier in the old spec? Lol my brother did it and he got a D
yaaa, I'm just not an essay type of person. What grade are you aiming for? I wanted an A but that seems way too unrealistic now rip.
Original post by Lala~

Honestly, I've been moving like psychology paper 1 is the only exam I'm doing this year so you're wayyy ahead of me with paper 2 and 3. What grade is everyone aiming for?
Reply 12
Original post by Lala~
It is literally the hardest and the most boring subject out of my 3 A-levels. I regret taking it so much :frown: I enjoy revising for maths and chemistry but when it comes psychology I just get really annoyed and stressed out. Paper 1 is tomorrow and I just feel dead inside.

Completely agree. I'm on the WJEC EDUCAS exam board tho. My paper 1 is also tomorrow and I'm genuinely so nervous! Good luck x
Reply 13
Original post by jetpoppink
Honestly, I've been moving like psychology paper 1 is the only exam I'm doing this year so you're wayyy ahead of me with paper 2 and 3. What grade is everyone aiming for?
currently hoping I can get atleast a B. I'm doing Forensics, Relationships and Sz for paper 3 and I really don't know how I'll manage them. I pretty much forgot everything on biopsych too even though I revised it two days ago.
Reply 14
Original post by Emi_x
Completely agree. I'm on the WJEC EDUCAS exam board tho. My paper 1 is also tomorrow and I'm genuinely so nervous! Good luck x
Good luck!! Good luck everyone! May all the important cues be with us tomorrow.
Lol I was looking to do psychology this year as one of my A levels but this thread ain't helping 😂
Not a current student as I actually did AQA Psychology last year, but I can somewhat relate.

I love Psychology, and am studying it at university in September, but the amount of evaluation points you need to remember and discuss in such a short time frame was something I always found difficult!
I honestly found it easiest to try and create a story with them to remember them better, though that's not always possible.
Original post by Lala~
currently hoping I can get atleast a B. I'm doing Forensics, Relationships and Sz for paper 3 and I really don't know how I'll manage them. I pretty much forgot everything on biopsych too even though I revised it two days ago.

I'm doing the same sections on paper 3, they're real killers. Good luck :smile:
I love the subject, hate the exam :afraid: I could learn about the human mind all day, but ask me a 16 marker and I'll run to the hills. I'm hoping for a C if I'm lucky in the subject! Good luck everyone for tomorrow :h:
Right now with the exam tomorrow I'm just stressing cus I know most of the studies just not too many of the numbers/data ain the findings and it's stressing me out
(also i have no clue about institutionalisation still so meh)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending