The Student Room Group

Working at NEXT

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JefriJ
Yeah, I bounce between every department weekly. If someone does buy a suit, there are suit carries you have to put them in - I don't know how to fold suits either so don't worry. It's genuinely rare for people to buy a full suit set. I've maybe seen 1 full-suit been sold so far. It's more common for them just to buy a suit jacket, or some suit trousers or blazer etc......

If you don't know how to fold smart men's clothes, you can ask another member of staff that's in menswear with you. I got a "Folding Masterclass" as someone politely called it.

Deleting shifts is......... kind of tricky. You can't really delete shifts. It's like an auction. You should have an option on the portal if you picked it up as an extra shift, it should allow you to "Offer Shift" or something along those lines when you click on it. That basically puts it up on the portal as an open shift that another staff member can accept. The bad part is that if no staff member accepts it before 10pm the day before the shift is, you will unfortunately have to work it. That's the downside. If you are really not wanting to do the shift, you could ask the manager but that depends on how nice your manager is.

Ahhh theres no button gonna have to suck it up or speak to one of the people to say i didnt realise but i dont wanna be that needy new girl
Reply 21
Original post by BeeAmber11
Ahhh theres no button gonna have to suck it up or speak to one of the people to say i didnt realise but i dont wanna be that needy new girl

I made that mistake before. You're not alone there. They shouldn't judge you as the needy new girl anyway. They rather new staff speak up rather than stay quiet and "suffer" in silence so to speak. At least in my experience.
Original post by JefriJ
I made that mistake before. You're not alone there. They shouldn't judge you as the needy new girl anyway. They rather new staff speak up rather than stay quiet and "suffer" in silence so to speak. At least in my experience.

Um so i went on my laptop and it says i can take time off but lowkey cant cuz there only couple of hours but at the too theres different icons for offered time off available but idk how to get mine as offered
Ye tbh i will speak to them tomoz
Reply 24
Ye tbh i will speak to them tomoz

Good luck!
Original post by chieula2301
Please give me some tips on how to get a shop at a retail chain like that, especially when you said it’s your first job. I have never got a job before, no experience at all :frown:

You just got to apply and be polite. If u pass the questions then you have a chance. Tbh it just happened
Reply 26
As long as you are putting customers first no matter what and your ploite and speak properly you will be fine
Anyone else rota down every time i go to check mine for the whole day it says there was an error
Anyone else rota down every time i go to check mine for the whole day it says there was an error

Btw this is online on the employee portal thing
Does anyone know when the sale finishes as idk if i should wear my sales top Monday because apparently it lasts a few days
Reply 30
Does anyone know when the sale finishes as idk if i should wear my sales top Monday because apparently it lasts a few days

Sorry im not sure but going of our stock it wont be long
Original post by Jord098
Sorry im not sure but going of our stock it wont be long

Do you think it will be on tomorrow then and maybe that will be one of the last days
Reply 32
No it might be like bext week or something
What do you do when you work offsite
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 34
What do you do when you work offsite

What do u mean
Original post by Jord098
What do u mean

On my rota it says im on offside/admin so its not the normal day on the shop floor and i didnt know what you do
Reply 36
Never had it tbh
hi I've just started working at next and have a couple of questions

1. at the moment I am unable to view the rota or shift marketplace online, I rang and asked the manager who said I would have to clock in first. I have now done 2 shifts and still cannot see either of these on the nep. does anyone know how to fix this?

2. how long do I have to of been working at next to be able to offer shifts up on the marketplace and how far in advance/whats the earliest shift I could offer up?

3. when you view the rota on the tills what do the coloured dots mean next to the day at the top of the screen, for example Wednesday and Thursday might have red dots and Saturday might have an orange one.

4. does anyone know how easy it is to transfer stores and do you have to of worked a certain amount of shifts in order to transfer?

any help will be much appreciated
Reply 38
so i am on the sales support team and have my induction in a few weeks. Im not sure what to expect, will they teach you how to use the tills? What sort of jobs do you do. Im nervous as its my first job. I heard you have to wear the sales tshirt can i just wear a black skirt and tuck in the tshirt. If i want to carry on working there after my role is finished do i have to re apply or will the recruit me? My manager on the phone said when i start sixthform i can do evenings.
Is it flexible times as i need to take a few days off for certain things will i be allowed. Anyone know what happens during the induction and what to expect from the people.

primark gang gang
Original post by ciaralucy
hi I've just started working at next and have a couple of questions

1. at the moment I am unable to view the rota or shift marketplace online, I rang and asked the manager who said I would have to clock in first. I have now done 2 shifts and still cannot see either of these on the nep. does anyone know how to fix this?

2. how long do I have to of been working at next to be able to offer shifts up on the marketplace and how far in advance/whats the earliest shift I could offer up?

3. when you view the rota on the tills what do the coloured dots mean next to the day at the top of the screen, for example Wednesday and Thursday might have red dots and Saturday might have an orange one.

4. does anyone know how easy it is to transfer stores and do you have to of worked a certain amount of shifts in order to transfer?

any help will be much appreciated

I was abke to access the rota weeks before i started so i dont know. You cant offer up shifts it just depends ik i cant and alot of people cant. Forget the coloured dots they arent for us i was curious it means nothing. You cant transfer stores unless you apply for a job there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending