The Student Room Group

anyone in here got into Russel group after resits?

looking for hope.I was very lazy in year 12 (targets of AAB) and i had to resit my entire AS this year for maths which messed up my revision for other subjects and i think i will need to re do another year.I also had a mental health issue which definitely influenced my performance .

my goal is to get into Bristol to do computer science and electronics.
There's always Liverpool.
If you have an extenuating circumstance and can prove it you're good. Speak to the exams officer and they'll either refer you to someone else who can help you further or they'll let you know your options. All as long as you have a valid reason and can prove it.
Reply 3
I was lazy during my year 12 too but i just slaved throughout my yr13, resat my C1,C2 and D1 Modules in year 13 (found the three so much easier 100 ums on c1 and c2 so i was really pleased) From that i was pretty confident that my revision was working and finished my exams. I didn't initially get the offer for a Russel group (I was aiming for Manchester) but when the time comes to pick your offers theres a thing called adjustment were u can change the course you are going to go for that is if you get the grades, if not you can always apply for the foundation year version of the course if you are thinking of a resit year.
I know a lot of people who have. I wouldn't worry. If you have a decent personal statement and get the grades required in the end, there is no reason why they wouldn't offer you a place.

Quick Reply

Latest