The Student Room Group

How to stop worrying&more...

Hi,

Please can someone help answer my questions.

I'll be completing my Alevels next week so I'll be leaving school. Yet when I leave I'm going to worry about everyone. I have a lead role in school where I help others and I'll worry about everyone's wellbeing including teachers.
Once my teacher injured herself and I had to email asking if she was okay-she was so touched! (I was her favourite student).

Will I be able to stay in touch with her via email after I've finished school?
Can I just be honest and say that I just want to be occasionally informed about everyone's wellbeing?
She especially knows I worry ALOT about everyone and she claims I'm a very empathetic student.
So will it be appropriate if I can ask her if I can still remain in touch?
As some other teachers will be leaving so through her I can ask how the others are getting on.otherwise I'd be worried about how they and all the other students who I helped are doing!

And I've been told not to be so empathetic but I don't know how not to. I honestly cannot help it. When someone's upset I have to go to them, when someone's hurt it hurts me and I have to ask if they're OK whether I know them or not.

Like now, I don't know whether to attend my lesson next week-before my exam-some students I know won't be attending but I need some help on some questions: yet I'll feel bad being the only student present because that means the teacher has to waste her time on me?
(Am I thinking too much..??)

So shall I email her, to get rid of my worry and ask her if it's okay for me to turn up? As I'll feel bad if she's busy and if no one else turns up and I'm the only one there. I'd much rather not get help than come in someone's way.

Any help would be great!
Thank you.
Reply 1
Ya I think that will be a really great Idea to keep in touch with your teachers. And you should definitely go to the revision lessons. Do not change yourself for others If you are empathetic then that's you everyone is unique in their own way and thats a really good quality to have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending