The Student Room Group

I've got a question about doing 2 courses

So my main plan right now is to start a course at Reading, doing Consumer Behaviour & Marketing with a year abroad. During the year abroad, I would want to go to America due to a want to live there after education. During this time in America, I would look into studying something Economics based due to a high demand. After the year abroad, I would go back to finish my course at Reading and then preferably go back to America to finish education there. Anyone know how or if this would work and give me any tips?
Original post by Humpy-Dumpy
So my main plan right now is to start a course at Reading, doing Consumer Behaviour & Marketing with a year abroad. During the year abroad, I would want to go to America due to a want to live there after education. During this time in America, I would look into studying something Economics based due to a high demand. After the year abroad, I would go back to finish my course at Reading and then preferably go back to America to finish education there. Anyone know how or if this would work and give me any tips?

So you would want to start another completely different course whilst you're in America doing a year abroad? This isn't possible, nor particularly advisable I think--why not just go straight into doing Economics?

During your year abroad, because of the way the American system works, you can broaden a little and not have 100% of your modules be in the course you're studying. However, you do still have to study a certain amount of similar modules. Additionally, the year abroad classes count as part of your UK degree--it's not like you can go back to the same uni after you finish your degree in the UK and "pick up from there." You would have to apply to the US uni when you finish, get in, and fund yourself somehow for four years in order to do the US degree.
Original post by Humpy-Dumpy

As the person above said, your year abroad will be set up by your university, meaning that although you will be able to choose modules, you'll still be working on your Consumer Behaviour & Marketing degree. You'll also have to check with Reading or wherever you go that their abroad partner universities include America.

You could always try to do a Masters in America after your undergraduate if you still want to, or look into going over there for your undergraduate, but I don't think your current plan makes a lot of sense!

My advice would be to do more research about your chosen undergraduate degree, as well as the year abroad options.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending