The Student Room Group

Help teacher making me do BTEC

so basically my first year at college has not been the best, i did pass two out of the 3 a levels i had done. only problem is my law teacher did not add my pass grade to the system so it only looked like i passed one , i went and told my law teacher and she said she would fix it, but i just got an email from my senior tutor who says i can only do a 1 year Btec, i really want to do an AS which i could continue and turn into an a level, i really want 3 fairly decent a levels so i can go to a decent uni , but no uni is going to accept 2 a-levels and 1 year BTEC . 3 a levels would make me stronger candidate. it does not matter to me whether i have to take on an extra year to finish that AS into an A-level. Any advice as to how i could voice this to my senior tutor ?
Original post by gaga123456
so basically my first year at college has not been the best, i did pass two out of the 3 a levels i had done. only problem is my law teacher did not add my pass grade to the system so it only looked like i passed one , i went and told my law teacher and she said she would fix it, but i just got an email from my senior tutor who says i can only do a 1 year Btec, i really want to do an AS which i could continue and turn into an a level, i really want 3 fairly decent a levels so i can go to a decent uni , but no uni is going to accept 2 a-levels and 1 year BTEC . 3 a levels would make me stronger candidate. it does not matter to me whether i have to take on an extra year to finish that AS into an A-level. Any advice as to how i could voice this to my senior tutor ?

2 A levels and a subsidiary diploma will be acceptable to most unis for most subjects. The subsid diploma will count as an A level.

It seems the A level you failed they have asked you to switch to BTEC. Quite normal and may be in your interest.

What grades did you achieve, what grades do you need and for what course at which uni?

Quick Reply

Latest