The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6880
Original post by usernonapplicable
Currently looking for a studio flat in zones 1 or 2 for September/October..

I've noticed a good range available at what I consider to be reasonable prices (£120+ PW), which makes me a bit cautious given the location and what is being offered.

Is the quoted price typical?
Am I taking a big risk if I wait until the beginning of September to secure accommodation given the seemingly good availability of studio flats?

TIA.

Um not very likely. A studio for £120, where are you finding this? You would have to share a house to get those prices and even then a room for £120 a week is low. It's not a risk to leave it until September to find a place to live; many people advertise spare rooms but I doubt you will find a studio. I would just accept it and live with other people.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by usernonapplicable
Currently looking for a studio flat in zones 1 or 2 for September/October..

I've noticed a good range available at what I consider to be reasonable prices (£120+ PW), which makes me a bit cautious given the location and what is being offered.

Is the quoted price typical?
Am I taking a big risk if I wait until the beginning of September to secure accommodation given the seemingly good availability of studio flats?

TIA.

Nope, sorry. Where are you finding these prices? I'd be wary if it's gumtree. Typical price for a studio in zone 1/2 is £250 a week MINIMUM. I'm paying £120 a week for a shared 3 bedroom flat, and a converted lounge for a fourth person and we're out by Camden Lock.

You can easily wait until September, houses/flats in London go very quickly.
Original post by glitter_star12
If you are given accommodation by UCL will they send me an email? I'm on holiday right now and can't really figure it all out. I just found an email from a while ago from UCL about putting some details into a system or something and everyone has to do it, but the portico is confusing me.
I'm worried they have offered accommodation to me but not sent an email and I've missed the 15 days or something

From what I know, your offer will be made via email. Once you get the email, I'm assuming you'll have to follow the directions they give you to accept your offer, pay the deposit etc etc. From the people I've spoken to, no one who's applied for halls or student houses (except those who applied for IC halls. Those offers have already started going out) have received offers yet. If your offer is still conditional, you won't hear back from them until after results day on the 16th of August. I mean, my offer has been unconditional since April and I've gotten nothing, so I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about :smile:
Original post by glitter_star12
This happened to me and took me about 10 times to find a strong enough password. I had 2 capital letters and the word is completely made up, I tried names but it didnt work at all

Yea eventually I had to resort to a jumble of letters, a smiley face and my birthday at the end. Never thought I'd be able to change it!
Dear all!

I will be an affiliate student at UCL in this coming academic year studying European cultural studies and English. I can wait to meet you all. I am recently assigned to Nutford House but I am not contented with this offer. Any people who hold an offer of Hughes Parry Hall would like to switch with me? Though the residence hall is a bit far from the UCL, it is way cheaper like 17.7 pounds per night. Please help!
Reply 6885
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm having a bit of a dilemma...
I'm hopefully (!!!) going to UCL in September, but I somehow managed to miss the accommodation deadline :frown: That's very unlike me - I started it in March too! I just then managed to forget to submit it...
Anyway, I know I have a very very slim chance of getting any university accommodation so I'm looking into other options. One of the nearest ones seems to be Mansion Bloomsbury which looks amazing but is also really expensive, so I'd have to go for a triple room. I'm also worried that there won't be many other freshers there...
What does everyone else think? Should I put down a deposit or wait and see if I get accommodation from ucl and risk the Mansion rooms selling out?

Thanks!
Sophie :redface:
Original post by shake_it
My offer turned unconditional two weeks ago, I called them and were told that I will receive an offer in late June/early August.

So probably it is going to be the same in your case :wink:

Thank you!!
Out of paranoid curiosity, any EU/UK postgrads gotten accommodation offers yet? /holds breath
Reply 6888
Hi! I have been assigned to Ifor Evans, single! Anyone looking to switch halls? (:
Reply 6889
Oops maybe let me add, Ifor Evans is priced at 159.25/wk! Catered meals and close to the supermart nearby! (:
Reply 6890
I missed out on Ramsay and got into Ifor Evans! Anyone looking to switch? Ifor Evans - single, 159.25/wk, big rooms too!
Just got my offer for Schafer house!! ^_^ so excited!!!!
Just got my Schafer offer, which I'm not so sure about, but oh well, make the most of it :P
Original post by Silkielemon
Just got my Schafer offer, which I'm not so sure about, but oh well, make the most of it :P

Me too! :biggrin:
Reply 6894
Just got a Schafer Offer too! Do you reckon it would be worth emailing and seeing if I can go in a 5 person flat? It sounds more sociable than a 2 person one...
Original post by kirstin9
Just got a Schafer Offer too! Do you reckon it would be worth emailing and seeing if I can go in a 5 person flat? It sounds more sociable than a 2 person one...

Hm, to be honest I didn't think about that :/ I'd much rather be in a flat of 5 though! Think at this point they just assign you a room randomly....
Reply 6896
Hi guys, I was wondering how you found out about your accommodation. I still haven't heard anything. I keep checking my emails and my online application as well.
I'm an EU student, going to start my MA. Maybe that's why?
thanks if you have any helpful info :smile:
I got max rayne, single, £125 pw! Wanted Ian baker, if anyone wants to swap?
(edited 11 years ago)
Does anyone want a single (not en suite) room in Langton Close for £147 weekly? I'd prefer Prankerd, Schafer or Ramsay..
Is there anyone in Schafer, Ramsay, Prankerd who wants to swap for Langton Close?

Latest

Trending

Trending