:eek: I hope thats not true!

It is. Read the booklet:wink:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1381
Meela
It is. Read the booklet:wink:

Ahh, damn. Looks like I really have to get my ass into gear now.
CCJ
Ahh, damn. Looks like I really have to get my ass into gear now.

errm you may apply but there's no guarantee that you will be offered a place, as students who firmed UCL will obviously have priority.
Reply 1383
Jong Il Kim
errm you may apply but there's no guarantee that you will be offered a place, as students who firmed UCL will obviously have priority.

to quote the booklet

"If you are a new undergraduate entrant and are late applying or hold your UCL offer as an insurance, you must be prepared to help yourself and you are advised to plan to find accommodation for yourself.."

Ahh :p:
CCJ
to quote the booklet

"If you are a new undergraduate entrant and are late applying or hold your UCL offer as an insurance, you must be prepared to help yourself and you are advised to plan to find accommodation for yourself.."

Ahh

then go IC. Problem solved.
Reply 1385
Jong Il Kim
then go IC. Problem solved.

Well I'm not arragont or naive enough to assume I'd get the grades without acknowledging the fact that I might miss the offer.
Reply 1386
I went to london this weekend & saw some of the UCL accommodation...but would like some insider info if poss :smile:
so, can anyone tell me pros and cons of schafer/john dodgson? :biggrin:
zef99
Can anyone get the virtual tours - http://www.halls.london.ac.uk/student/college/tour.aspx - here, working?

Try IE?
yo guys one more question which might go for other people as well: what does putting the maximum amount willing to pay for accomodation affect where you might be placed?

and thinking about it, if people say the halls are allocated randomly, then what effect does your one singly most important factor have upon the allocation? is this some complex algorithm that takes all of this into account lol?

this is coming from a lazy student who wants proximity to ucl and not get up early in the morning btw heh =p
WillBurch90
yo guys one more question which might go for other people as well: what does putting the maximum amount willing to pay for accomodation affect where you might be placed?

and thinking about it, if people say the halls are allocated randomly, then what effect does your one singly most important factor have upon the allocation? is this some complex algorithm that takes all of this into account lol?

this is coming from a lazy student who wants proximity to ucl and not get up early in the morning btw heh =p

It's much simpler than that. I put a £120 threshold and put single room as utmost priority. Putting a little note underneath apparently helps.

And as for proximity, it's everyone's priority, absolutely everyone's. That's why it's a bit of a lottery.
Proximity was my main goal, so I asked to be put into a Hall near UCL. Everyone I've spoken to who specified a hall in particular was given a place there, so asking for a hall near UCL might help you?
Reply 1391
rockrunride

And as for proximity, it's everyone's priority, absolutely everyone's. That's why it's a bit of a lottery.

not mine, though:p:
Meela
not mine, though:p:

Are you mature and/or postgrad?
Reply 1393
rockrunride
Are you mature and/or postgrad?

no, I just prefer 'shared flats' instead of proximity.
Is is that weird? lol
Meela
no, I just prefer 'shared flats' instead of proximity.
Is is that weird? lol

No, but does this mean you wouldn't mind being allocated a room further from college?
Actually, thinking about it, if I asked for a shared in AT and they don't give me that, do you think they'd be more likely to put me in another shared room (most of which are close to UCL) or just think "we couldn't give her that, lets just give her anything"?
Joanna May
Actually, thinking about it, if I asked for a single in AT and they don't give me that, do you think they'd be more likely to put me in another shared room in the same vicinity or just think "we couldn't give her that, lets just give her anything"?

Arthur Tat? Broad horizons, eh?

They would probably give you a single in Campbell House/Schafer, since you want proximity.
Reply 1397
rockrunride
No, but does this mean you wouldn't mind being allocated a room further from college?

sure, proximity would be nice and I actually attached a note saying I want to be put into Schaefer.
But I wouldn't mind living further from college... It's not that different from my current situation and I actually find it quite relaxing to go by bus early in the morning (weird, I know).
Besides I'd get to know new parts of London, too. So I don't see why everyone is so keen on proximity. Getting up half an hour earlier (if you're lucky, I guess) won't kill me (I hope so lol).
rockrunride
Arthur Tat? Broad horizons, eh?

They would probably give you a single in Campbell House/Schafer, since you want proximity.

Sorry, I edited. I meant a shared in AT. But same thing really. All the places with shared rooms are near the main campus anyway, except Max Rayne, as far as I can see. Oh, and Langton, but they only have one twin room, I'm not that unlucky (I hope!).

And "broad horizons"? I'm lazy, I just want to be able to roll out of bed for lectures. Exploring's all well and good in my own time, but not in the morning :p:
Joanna May
Sorry, I edited. I meant a shared in AT. But same thing really. All the places with shared rooms are near the main campus anyway, except Max Rayne, as far as I can see. Oh, and Langton, but they only have one twin room, I'm not that unlucky (I hope!).

And "broad horizons"? I'm lazy, I just want to be able to roll out of bed for lectures. Exploring's all well and good in my own time, but not in the morning :p:

You and everybody else :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending