The Student Room Group

Schools stopping girls dress like girls...Isn't this inclusivity policy lovely...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke5125
There's nothing sexual about a girls or women's legs

Depends how short the skirt/ shorts are, if fights are worn ect. Also there is and it doesn't matter if you think people should be allowed to think that or not. It's secondary school where hormones are at a peak so yeah there's a reason schools get pissy when girls wear skirts that are pretty much belt height XD.
Ahhh, diversity. The process of forcing everyone to think and look the same.
Reply 42
Might i ask why you care what people wear? Unless theyre dressed in something truly outrageous like a giant dildo suit then who gives a toss?
Original post by CurlyBen
Ahhh, diversity. The process of forcing everyone to think and look the same.

To be fair, that is literally the point of a uniform in the first place.
Original post by black1blade
Depends how short the skirt/ shorts are, if fights are worn ect. Also there is and it doesn't matter if you think people should be allowed to think that or not. It's secondary school where hormones are at a peak so yeah there's a reason schools get pissy when girls wear skirts that are pretty much belt height XD.

The same could equally apply to boys legs.Sexual attraction is no concern of the schools.They should be teaching not policing thoughts.Otherwise you might as well just go the Muslim way and cover everyone up in a full length bin bag.That should stop those pesky hormones right?
Original post by Rakas21
The slow destruction of gender norms continues (also a dark day for aesthetics from a teenage boy point of view).
Ha, nonce.

Original post by Rakas21

"The best way to control a people is to take a little of their freedom at a time."
Adolph Hitler
Pre-War

You're against uniforms? :s-smilie:
Original post by Occitanie
Transgender activists: “Don’t worry we don’t want to infringe on your own rights, we just want you to recognise ours”.

> Ban skirts for “inclusivity”.

Good job guys, good job.

Sorry, remind me since when transgender activists ran schools? Because to a lot of us this just seems silly.
Original post by black1blade

How is skin sexual?
Original post by Napp
Might i ask why you care what people wear? Unless theyre dressed in something truly outrageous like a giant dildo suit then who gives a toss?

Giant Dildo suit
Original post by the beer
Ha, nonce.

You're against uniforms? :s-smilie:

I'm pro uniforms but like some others on this thread i have no issue with current gender norms and no desire to appease the minority at the expense of the majority.

Women should be able to wear skirts.
Never wore a skirt at school didn’t affect me. Some of the skirts I’ve seen girls wearing to school aren’t even skirts they’re slightly longer than average tshirts...
Why don't they ban trousers and make everyone wear skirts? That's the same logic.

Original post by Saoirse:3
Sorry, remind me since when transgender activists ran schools? Because to a lot of us this just seems silly.

The idea has come from somewhere, and transgender activists are the most likely source particularly with one of the schools mentioning transgender pupils specifically.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ThomH97

The idea has come from somewhere, and transgender activists are the most likely source particularly with one of the schools mentioning transgender pupils specifically.

They would say that wouldn't they. I reckon they're just trying to avoid boys wearing skirts, introduce shorts and everyone's happy.
Original post by Rakas21
The slow destruction of gender norms continues (also a dark day for aesthetics from a teenage boy point of view).

"The best way to control a people is to take a little of their freedom at a time."
Adolph Hitler
Pre-War

You're saying that like gender norms contribute anything substantial to society. Something having been the status quo for so long doesn't immediately justify its existence in current society. And really? Did you seriously use a Hitler quote to try and suggest that gender neutral clothing is oppressing you? May want to check your priorities there
Original post by Rakas21

Adolph Hitler
Pre-War

Oh no, won't someone please think of all the little perverts trying to look at their classmates underwear.

Rakas21, fighting the fight that really matters.
Original post by mojojojo101
Oh no, won't someone please think of all the little perverts trying to look at their classmates underwear.

Rakas21, fighting the fight that really matters.

I believe you are overreacting.

I'm far more concerned about the liberty schools should have to set their own uniform policy, the liberty parents/girls should have to wear skirts if part of the uniform policy and the constant pandering to minority groups.
Original post by What Can you Do
Personally, I think that males and females should be able to choose between trousers and skirts. Free country etc. etc.

That's America, UK is but also isn't exactly a properly free country

Transgender people should be accepted and treated normally but this isn't the right way to do it.
The individual needs to identify themselves as one gender you can't change things because a transgender person doesn't want to or decides not identify themself as one gender, if they continue like this toilets will be becoming unisex next too.
If transgender people themself can't decide what gender they are they can't complain about how things are if they don't act like a certain gender then people can t recognise and treat them like one so they are causing problems for themself which they can avoid.
Original post by Saoirse:3

It's a very good point. One that nobody seems to be asking.
Transgenders are less than 1% of the population but their pressure groups are swinging more political clout than many others that represent 20 or 30 %.
Who is funding it all?
Original post by CoolCavy
and then you have all that business with tights and whatnot and ankle length socks and jesus christ

please move to Faith and Spirituality
Original post by tegs*99
Skirts are actually brilliantly versatile depending on the weather, in the summer you wear very thin tights or no tights and in the winter you can wear thick wool or fleece lined tights.. and all tights in between for in-between weather. I always wore skirts to school and I continued to wear skirts and dresses to sixth form when we no longer wore uniform. It someone could only have one option for all year round i would recommend a skirt any day of the week.

Skirts on their own actually aren't practical at all. The use of variable thickness tights doesn't make the skirts themselves practical. This combined with most skirts not having pockets just doesn't help. And yes this thread has been inactive for 3 months but I still wish to address that point. Imo, skirts and winter do not go together well at all. Combined with the proven research that shows women feel colder by a margin of about 1-2 degrees celsius, skirts in winter is a dreadful idea with all but the most woolen of tights. Still applies for guys that wear skirts, though it isn't quite as extreme. Still a big issue.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending