The Student Room Group

A level help and advice for the future

Please help me figure out what a levels to take and please share you experiences if anyone relates. I’m a very analytical person, I like talking about cultures and people, I want to help people in the future and I don’t have any aspirations or dreams. I think that’s what’s making this very difficult. I don’t want a normal 9-5 job in the future and I want to travel and help people. It may not be physically helping them but I want to be apart of something bigger then myself. i also am not interested in choosing any sciences, but I do think it’s a majorly honourable job to aid people in ways like that, I highly respect it but I unfortunately don’t have the mental capacity to obtain that knowledge. I feel selfish when I think like this but I can’t think of my life in any other light. If you’re a free spirited person like me please give me advice:smile:
What subjects do you like? And do you have any clue what you want to go into? You’ve kind of not told us anything about you that would help
Reply 2
Original post by SkyRunner61
What subjects do you like? And do you have any clue what you want to go into? You’ve kind of not told us anything about you that would help

I was resently looking into physiology and philosophy which I’ve really liked, but I’m not sure about the job opportunities in those fields. I also liked sociology.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by idontkxow
I was resently looking into physiology and philosophy which I’ve really liked, but I’m not sure about the job opportunities in those fields. I also liked sociology.

I would say that you should go with what A Level subjects you enjoy, while also keeping your options open. That means choosing at least two traditional A Levels that are facilitating subjects
Reply 4
English? Psychology? Sociology?
Reply 5
If you want to travel whilst working maybe teaching English as a foreign language is something you can do, particularly if you enjoy language.
It really depends on what you're good at as there are many things you can do whilst travelling.
If you want to do things that help people, look into humanitarian or charity-aid work in developing countries, find out how you can get a career in that area.
Honestly, there are many options, it just depends on what you want to do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest