The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

University choices

Can somebody please give me some advice on what i should do, i didn't get achieve enough overall points to be able to do a normal degree at Liverpool hope university which is my first choice, they have offered me a place but it involves doing a foundation year first. Does anyone know what a foundation year is like and if it is worth doing?

Also does anyone have any opinions to give on Bangor university as this is my insurance choice.

Thank you!
Original post by Quinn_a
Can somebody please give me some advice on what i should do, i didn't get achieve enough overall points to be able to do a normal degree at Liverpool hope university which is my first choice, they have offered me a place but it involves doing a foundation year first. Does anyone know what a foundation year is like and if it is worth doing?

Also does anyone have any opinions to give on Bangor university as this is my insurance choice.

Thank you!

Hi Quinn_a

Great to hear that Bangor is your insurance choice :smile: I studied here for three years (such an amazing time!) and I have been working for the University for the past few years, (they can't get rid of me!)

We could arrange a convenient date for you to visit, you can then see the department your interested in and the accommodation.

If I can help with anything else just let me know :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Original post by Quinn_a

Thank you!

Hi there

Congratulations on receiving an offer for a Foundation Degree! I can understand you have not made a decision yet, so do not worry. You still have plenty of time to do so.

A Foundation Degree is essentially the first step into completing your full degree. It gives you an extra year of preparation through a mixture of lectures, tutorials and individual learning. You will have around 12 teaching hours per week, for 26 weeks of the year. Once you have completed it, you can continue into the next year of your degree, fully prepared for the next step in your chosen subject

You can read more here before you make your firm decision. If you want to perhaps see the campus or accommodation before you make a decision, you can contact us on 0151 291 3000, or email our team at [email protected]. We have all been in your position when making our firm University choice, and will be more than happy to help you

Please let us know if you need anything

Melissa
Reply 3
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there

Congratulations on receiving an offer for a Foundation Degree! I can understand you have not made a decision yet, so do not worry. You still have plenty of time to do so.

A Foundation Degree is essentially the first step into completing your full degree. It gives you an extra year of preparation through a mixture of lectures, tutorials and individual learning. You will have around 12 teaching hours per week, for 26 weeks of the year. Once you have completed it, you can continue into the next year of your degree, fully prepared for the next step in your chosen subject

You can read more here before you make your firm decision. If you want to perhaps see the campus or accommodation before you make a decision, you can contact us on 0151 291 3000, or email our team at [email protected]. We have all been in your position when making our firm University choice, and will be more than happy to help you

Please let us know if you need anything

Melissa

Thank you for your reply Melissa,
I have made my choice of coming to liverpool and doing the foundation degree! Very excited to strart in september :smile:
Original post by Quinn_a
Thank you for your reply Melissa,
I have made my choice of coming to liverpool and doing the foundation degree! Very excited to strart in september :smile:

Fantastic! :biggrin:

We can't wait to meet you in September. Please do let us know if you need anything or have any questions before you start!

Melissa :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest