The Student Room Group

Can I do this with UCAS Clearance?:

Hi,

So I have gotten offers from 3/5 of my university choices (still waiting on one more) and even though they're good choices (1 unconditional, 2 conditionals) I am still waiting on my first choice.

I was wondering, if I don't get into my first choice, is it possible to use clearing (when it becomes available(?)) to find a university with slightly higher grade requirements to get into a slightly better university?
My predicted's are BBB, and I know some universities for example Uni of leicester who take ABB for the course I want to do, would I be allowed to do this through clearing to search for a slightly higher ranking university, will it cost me extra and what happens to my other univesity choices (do I lose them or no?),

Thanks,
Original post by Avz4XO
Hi,

So I have gotten offers from 3/5 of my university choices (still waiting on one more) and even though they're good choices (1 unconditional, 2 conditionals) I am still waiting on my first choice.

I was wondering, if I don't get into my first choice, is it possible to use clearing (when it becomes available(?)) to find a university with slightly higher grade requirements to get into a slightly better university?
My predicted's are BBB, and I know some universities for example Uni of leicester who take ABB for the course I want to do, would I be allowed to do this through clearing to search for a slightly higher ranking university, will it cost me extra and what happens to my other univesity choices (do I lose them or no?),

Thanks,
To use clearing you have to be holding no offers so you would have to give your firm up. Yes you can do what you are looking to do. The one issue you might have is that you could end up having to pay part or all the fees for accommodation you have signed up to. Before taking this course of action check your accommodation contract.
Just to confirm that you can use UCAS Extra or Clearing for free, both are covered under your initial application fee.
it's a shame that you didn't include a couple of ABB universities in your original 5 choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending