The Student Room Group

Unsure about my 5th Uni choice

I am set on Sheffield University as my firm choice and I am happy with my other three choices. However, my sixth form tutor has heavily advised me to put down a 5th choice when applying. I do not have anywhere else I want to go. Should I put down a university I have visited but didn't like or should I apply to an integrated masters course for one of my top four universities? Even if I only got an offer from my fifth choice, I do not think I would go.
Leave it blank - apply and see how you do. You can always add another choice up to the deadline.
Reply 2
Original post by KungFuRabbit
Leave it blank - apply and see how you do. You can always add another choice up to the deadline.

Thanks. That was my original plan, especially since I'm applying now which is quite early.
Reply 3
Ask your tutor exactly why they are giving this advice? And tell them you want time to decide what to put as your fifth choice.
Original post by ellacoopr

Thanks. That was my original plan, especially since I'm applying now which is quite early.

Yep smart idea. Keep a good insurance and once you get it, just pick an aspirational choice and if you don't get it it doesn't matter cuz Sheffield is great anyway and you will get that as long as you meet entry reqs hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending