The Student Room Group

plz help asap

there's this housefly that i can't get rid of and i'm losing all hope i think it's on my bed somewhere because my duvet cover has butterflies on it and it keeps buzzing in front of my computer screen and normally idc but it's so annoying i'm losing my patience
bump i'm losing my mind plssssss anyoneee
Leave the room? Problem solved.
Original post by MaizieAmyr
Leave the room? Problem solved.

where else do i sleep :frown:
if i sleep in the living room my parents will tell me to grow up
peak times man
Why don't you change your bed covers if you think it's because of them?
Let it sit and trap it under a cup and paper and take it outside- that way you won't harm it. Or open your room window/door and it should go out.
Original post by rainclouds-
where else do i sleep :frown:
if i sleep in the living room my parents will tell me to grow up
peak times man

In the bath tub? That could actually be pretty comfy :laugh: Seriously though, switch of the lights in your room turn on the light in the room outside and leave for 10 minutes and then come back. It should be gone by then.
Original post by Anonymous
Why don't you change your bed covers if you think it's because of them?
Let it sit and trap it under a cup and paper and take it outside- that way you won't harm it. Or open your room window/door and it should go out.

true but opening my window now will allow the whole amazon to enter my bedroom and that's not fun :'(

Original post by MaizieAmyr
In the bath tub? That could actually be pretty comfy :laugh: Seriously though, switch of the lights in your room turn on the light in the room outside and leave for 10 minutes and then come back. It should be gone by then.

the bathroom may have spiders though 👀 i'd rather deal with a fly than a spider

Original post by AgonyAunt786
Hunt it down and get the hoover pipe ready on the highest power (without the attachment). As soon as it is sitting down, quickly suck it up with the hoover (keep the hoover on for a bit so it does not fly out).

If it is difficult to find, put something sweet out as bait (e.g. honey or stick candy- even better, a piece of raw meat).

ooo bait sounds like fun

thank you all for your genuine helpful advice which i will now follow in hopes of regaining my sanity
time to get rid of this mother****er :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
spray deodorant on it to slow it down, if you're having trouble catching it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending