The Student Room Group

A Levels along with a BTEC

So basically in September I’m going to do A Levels in my sixth form. I’m relatively smart (predicted all 8s and 9s in GCSES) so I guess a Levels are what I should be doing.

I do like the idea of A Level study, but I am also really interested in Hair and Makeup, it’s a serious passion of mine.

Do you think it’s realistic for me to do a BTEC Level 1 in hair and beauty alongside my A Levels? Or is there not enough time? How would I go about doing such a thing!
What do you want to do as a career? :smile: this will help you. Do you want to go to university?
Reply 2
Original post by FailedTeacher
What do you want to do as a career? :smile: this will help you. Do you want to go to university?

Tbh im not really sure. University has always seemed like the only choice because of the way my teachers, friends and parents are. I do like the prospect of studying in university, and my school keeps saying that I should go for Oxbridge.

But ifk whether i want to go because it’s what everyone else wants or not. I do dream of opening a line of beauty services though, whether I go to university or not.
Look up what courses on the line of beauty work are available at uni, could do A levels now (maybe along side the btec) and do your passion at uni
Reply 4
Original post by FailedTeacher

Tbh im not really sure. University has always seemed like the only choice because of the way my teachers, friends and parents are. I do like the prospect of studying in university, and my school keeps saying that I should go for Oxbridge.

But ifk whether i want to go because it’s what everyone else wants or not. I do dream of opening a line of beauty services though, whether I go to university or not.

Quick Reply

Latest