The Student Room Group

Money???

Hi, how much money do people recommended to take to university to start off? I’m saving at the minute, but have no idea how much I should save 🤷🏼*♀️
Have you done a budget yet? I say save at least one months budget in advance
Reply 2
https://media1.tenor.com/images/fb55c901396621770521d63a496ec585/tenor.gif?itemid=10135114
You don't give us much information. Such as, how much does your accommodation cost (assuming you're living on campus/in private rental) in comparison to how much loan you get? Some people have plenty left over, some people end up having to put money to their loan to even pay for accommodation so obviously have to save a lot more.

It depends on your own situation really :smile:.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You don't give us much information. Such as, how much does your accommodation cost (assuming you're living on campus/in private rental) in comparison to how much loan you get? Some people have plenty left over, some people end up having to put money to their loan to even pay for accommodation so obviously have to save a lot more.

It depends on your own situation really :smile:.

My loan covers my accommodation, and I’m getting a £1500 bursary for the year, just to start me off with really. Like freshers, as I’m sure we don’t get the loan straight away:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending