The Student Room Group

How to raise money for ACS society at Uni

I running to be president of my ACS and I need ideas of how to raise more money for this society. Also, what sort of companies do you think will sponsor an ACS?
Original post by leoishush
I running to be president of my ACS and I need ideas of how to raise more money for this society. Also, what sort of companies do you think will sponsor an ACS?

A lot of the money uni societies get comes from their respective student union, in the form of grants. The bigger the number of members in the society, the more money it gets from the student union (or at least that's the case at my university). It would therefore make sense to try to increase the number of (paying) members the society has. You may possibly try to do a fundraising event too. Also worth asking the current president what they do and have tried in order to raise money for the society, and how do they think that they could get more money.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
A lot of the money uni societies get comes from their respective student union, in the form of grants. The bigger the number of members in the society, the more money it gets from the student union (or at least that's the case at my university). It would therefore make sense to try to increase the number of (paying) members the society has. You may possibly try to do a fundraising event too. Also worth asking the current president what they do and have tried in order to raise money for the society, and how do they think that they could get more money.
What fundraising events do you think work well?
Original post by leoishush
What fundraising events do you think work well?

I just suggested fundraising events because I know the baking society at my place often sells their goodies and they get a little more money their way like that, but other than that I haven't really thought of what else you could do.

In the societies I'm involved in, whenever we do events that need a little extra money, we just charge an entry fee (usually no more than £5), and that's a good way to get money for some of those special events too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending