The Student Room Group

Can my A-level be used as entry for BTEC Course?

I am making a back up plan for next year if ever I didn’t like the foundation 1 year course I will get into this September.

Currently I’m interested on Level 3 Biomedical Science but I don’t meet the requirement of C grade in Science subjects. I have 6 A*-C GCSE passes which is great. I wonder if my A-level subjects could compensate on my failure but the problem again is, none of them are Science related. Would they still accept it?
I took History, Sociology and Textiles.
I wonder if my A-level subjects could compensate on my failure but the problem again is, none of them are Science related. Would they still accept it?

Well done for the results that you so far! Try contacting the admissions team at the college that you are wanting to apply for as each one will have their own entry requirements.

Best of luck,

Dorothy- Student Ambassador :smile:
Original post by Lily238k
I am making a back up plan for next year if ever I didn’t like the foundation 1 year course I will get into this September.

Currently I’m interested on Level 3 Biomedical Science but I don’t meet the requirement of C grade in Science subjects. I have 6 A*-C GCSE passes which is great. I wonder if my A-level subjects could compensate on my failure but the problem again is, none of them are Science related. Would they still accept it?
I took History, Sociology and Textiles.

If you have completed 3 A levels then your college isn't likely to accept you onto a level 3 BTEC course as (if I understand the rules correctly) they wont get government funding for you.
If you have not achieved a C grade in GCSE science why do you think you would succeed with a level 3 science course?
Your backup plan doesn't sound like it is realistic but you will only find out for sure by asking the college offering the level 3 course.
Reply 3
Getting a c grade in gcse honestly doesn’t matter if you’re looking to do a btec in that subject. GCSEs and btec are completely different. I got a E in my health and social care gcse. But did health and social care btec level 3 (it wasn’t a requirement to even have health and social care to do it in btwc) I came out with a distinction which is the highest grade you can get.And I know many people that changed from a levels to Btec at college. I honestly think it will be fine, hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest