The Student Room Group

University

Hi

I'm currently waiting for my A level results. The uni I want to go to want 3 full A levels. I'm doing 2 with 1 AS . I applied for a foundation degree but I don't think I'll get into that as I need to do significantly well in my A2s to make up for the 3rd A2 that I don't have. I think I'll get a CC in my A2's . Is it possible to contact my college on results day and ask if I can complete my AS and then that'll mean I'll have 3 full A levels. So then I can apply to my chosen uni next year? Or can you not study one subject at college?
Original post by waqasddd
Hi

I'm currently waiting for my A level results. The uni I want to go to want 3 full A levels. I'm doing 2 with 1 AS . I applied for a foundation degree but I don't think I'll get into that as I need to do significantly well in my A2s to make up for the 3rd A2 that I don't have. I think I'll get a CC in my A2's . Is it possible to contact my college on results day and ask if I can complete my AS and then that'll mean I'll have 3 full A levels. So then I can apply to my chosen uni? Or can you not study one subject at college?

Its all down to the college as it wouldnt count as full time study so funding could be a problem, you could use them as an exam centre and finish it of as a private candidate, you'd need to check whether the university accepts a levels taken over three years.
Reply 2
Any advice on what I should do as that seems like hassle?
Any advice on what I should do as that seems like hassle?

Talk to the university, just call them and say these are my grades, could i do the foundation year and if not would you take me if i finish my other a level then make a decision from there.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Talk to the university, just call them and say these are my grades, could i do the foundation year and if not would you take me if i finish my other a level then make a decision from there.

Ok thank you. What are the chances chances of them accepting me for a foundation course with entry requirements of BC at A2 but I get CC for my 2 A2's. Considering the course is listed on clearing meaning spaces are available.
Ok thank you. What are the chances chances of them accepting me for a foundation course with entry requirements of BC at A2 but I get CC for my 2 A2's. Considering the course is listed on clearing meaning spaces are available.

there's no harm in asking if you're a grade off
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
there's no harm in asking if you're a grade off

my uni has multiple helplines . Do I call the clearing helpline or the course enquiry helpline. Who deals with course negotiations. Thank you, I appreciate it
(edited 5 years ago)
my uni has multiple helplines . Do I call the clearing helpline or the course enquiry helpline. Who deals with course negotiations. Thank you, I appreciate it

clearing helpline

Quick Reply

Latest