The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Private Schools North London (co-ed / boys only)

Hi all. It's been a while since I posted here so please do let me know if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am posting on behalf of my brother who we are trying to get into a good private sixth form school for entry in September 2019. He is currently studying outside of the UK and his grades are good but not exceptional. He is not doing GCSE but the local system in our home country.

My wife and I live in the West Hampstead and he will likely be staying with us. The two schools which we have identified and would be the 'best case scenario' for my brother are UCS and Highgate but our understanding is that entry is extremely competitive.

Could you please let me know if there are any other schools that we should look into?

Also if anyone has gone through the entry process for 16+ for UCS and Highgate and is able to give any guidance - that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Harrow School; I received a 98% scholarship there for sixth form entrance.
Reply 2
Original post by Science99999
Harrow School; I received a 98% scholarship there for sixth form entrance.

Thanks for your response. Harrow is a boarding school and will be above the budget if he does not get a scholarship.

I assume you had outstanding grades and were coming from another UK school? I guess it doesn't hurt to apply.
Original post by chicheto93
Thanks for your response. Harrow is a boarding school and will be above the budget if he does not get a scholarship.

I assume you had outstanding grades and were coming from another UK school? I guess it doesn't hurt to apply.

Yeah I had attained 3 9s, and 7 A*s at an "inadequately" rated state comprehensive school in the East Midlands; Ambitiously, I decided to apply to Harrow to further my opportunities. Boarding life is an exceptional chance to progress skills and develop life-long relationships with fellow peers. Exats are times when the student is allowed to go home, usually occur every three weeks.
Original post by chicheto93
Hi all. It's been a while since I posted here so please do let me know if I am posting in the wrong section.

I am posting on behalf of my brother who we are trying to get into a good private sixth form school for entry in September 2019. He is currently studying outside of the UK and his grades are good but not exceptional. He is not doing GCSE but the local system in our home country.

My wife and I live in the West Hampstead and he will likely be staying with us. The two schools which we have identified and would be the 'best case scenario' for my brother are UCS and Highgate but our understanding is that entry is extremely competitive.

Could you please let me know if there are any other schools that we should look into?

Also if anyone has gone through the entry process for 16+ for UCS and Highgate and is able to give any guidance - that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

UCS is good. Highgate is meh.

Half of Hampstead and Highgate are going to be taking coach to Habs.

Otherwise, there's Latymer, St Pauls, Westminster and so on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending