The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations
Original post by Ssholie14
Oops I’ve just checked now I’ve got an AAA offer 🎉🎉
I think I am WP but only on the basis of my postcode and the fact my parents never went to uni. I don’t know this because it specifically states in my offer on ucas that if I firm it I can have the lower offer so I’m unsure if this would be the case if it is not stated?
Original post by sharkibarki
oh really are you a WP student?
Like do you know what would be the case if you were not WP or international and you were to firm it, will the grade requirement go down?
I got a reduced offer as well of ABB but since I insured it, it went to AAA
R u a WP?
Original post by R N
I got a reduced offer as well of ABB but since I insured it, it went to AAA
Yes
R u a WP?
Anyone still waiting since October?
So suppose if you got an offer from Aston and your not WP or international and you firm them are they likely to reduce the grade requirement to AAB?
So suppose if you got an offer from Aston and your not WP or international and you firm them are they likely to reduce the grade requirement to AAB?

If you received an offer at AAA, and firm it, it would most likely remain as AAA.

A reduced offer is only offered to WP applicants. (However I hear of some receiving AAB offers according to some TSR users)
Did anyone go to the Applicants day/ offer holder day? And if so how did you find it?
I hope there’s another offer holders day. Did not have s chance to ask questions on my interview day.
Is the medical school shared with optometry students?
The medical school does not have a distinct building as sorts. They were previously housed in the Vision Sciences building but have now moved into a section of main building which has been pinched off the pharmacy department.
Original post by R N
I hope there’s another offer holders day. Did not have s chance to ask questions on my interview day.
Is the medical school shared with optometry students?
Do you guys know if there is an opportunity to integrate at Aston?
Original post by Indyyyy
The medical school does not have a distinct building as sorts. They were previously housed in the Vision Sciences building but have now moved into a section of main building which has been pinched off the pharmacy department.

I see. Thank you.
oh that's strange because I applied with AAB so was expecting a requirement of AAB but they've just changed it now and given me an offer of AAA although I will still try my absolute hardest for that there is still a slight chance I could miss out so Im really scared now, do you know if anyone thats not a WP given AAB
Original post by Gastroepiploic
If you received an offer at AAA, and firm it, it would most likely remain as AAA.

A reduced offer is only offered to WP applicants. (However I hear of some receiving AAB offers according to some TSR users)
oh that's strange because I applied with AAB so was expecting a requirement of AAB but they've just changed it now and given me an offer of AAA although I will still try my absolute hardest for that there is still a slight chance I could miss out so Im really scared now, do you know if anyone thats not a WP given AAB

I don't but earlier on this thread (page 53 post #1055 or thereabouts) there is a user who claims to know some applicants who were offered AAB, and were not WP.

You'll be fine! Keep up the hard work! :smile:
So has Aston given out all offers/rejections then?
Nope I'm still waiting and I know a few others who are waiting still too
So has Aston given out all offers/rejections then?
When do Aston have to let us all know by?
Original post by DJLeeds2357

2 May, i guess
Original post by DJLeeds2357

They have until the 2nd Of May

Latest

Trending

Trending