The Student Room Group

What are your favourite and least favourite names?

Most people have a few names they would like to give their child or pet or at least some names that make them cringe when they see or hear them. What about you? What first names do you love or hate? :h:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
George, Emma, Ellie, Jess :yy:
Reply 2
I feel like this thread will trigger people

I hate many names beginning with the letter 'G'
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
I’m really into less common/unusual names.

I’m loving the name Rogue right now, and hate traditional common names such as Victoria/Elizabeth etc
Reply 4
when people call their pets snowflake or fluffy or some **** :nah: smh
Emily, Hannah, Michael, David.

Neveah, Chaos, Bielzebub, Notorious.:yy:
Reply 6
ESPECIALLY Gertrude :sorry:
I like the following names:

Elena
Elijah
Emma
Amelia

Sensing the similarities? :P
i love J names on guys
and i ADORE frances/francis
I really like a lot of Celtic, old English, German, and Slavic names. Some of my favourite boys names are Brahms, Dorian, Mir, and Roman. For girls Aoife, Diana, Eilidh, and Oonagh.

I dislike a lot of the cutesy sounding names that seem to have been the trend for the past 5-10 years. A lot of my friends children seem to have double-barrel names that are composed of something that sounds like a nickname attached to something like Rose, Lily, or May. :dontknow:
Don't mean to offend anyone sorry if I do 😅

I hate the names George, Georgia, Charlie, Tyler, Ella, Darcy, Vicky, Polly, Samantha and just really unnecessarily over the top names that are usually double barrel
Don’t click the spoiler if you’re easily triggered.

Spoiler

I like sort of old-fashioned girls names like Grace, Alice, Amelia, Harriet. Don't like names like Angel
is it bad that i like the name Rory for both a boy and a girl?
Do you think that the girl would get bullied if she had a boy name?
Any girl Rory's out there?!
ps. yes i do like Gilmore Girls :wink:
Honey and Cherry?? Food names are always really weird on people. Cute on animals though.
I love all names otherwise....
Original post by RichPiana
Don’t click the spoiler if you’re easily triggered.

Spoiler

has a nice ring, where is it from? I think Adolf is a cute name
Original post by HippoRhino3
has a nice ring, where is it from? I think Adolf is a cute name

It's my son's name. Can we put them together? Hitler Adolf? Doesn't have a nice ring. Perhaps Adolf Hitler? Sounds nice.
Original post by RichPiana
It's my son's name. Can we put them together? Hitler Adolf? Doesn't have a nice ring. Perhaps Adolf Hitler? Sounds nice.

I hear there's good real estate in Austria to raise your child - "Adolf Hitler" sounds like an environmental activist....
Original post by 04MR17
Emily, Hannah, Michael, David.

Neveah, Chaos, Bielzebub, Notorious.:yy:

:yawn: do you never get tired of saying the same thing...
Fave - Saoirse, Regan, Adrian, Damien
Least fave - Yasmin (always thought my name sounds cheap :frown: ), Hayden/Jayden/Kayden, Kayla

Quick Reply

Latest