The Student Room Group

Should I apply to KCL

UKCAT 2860 (510AR, 880 QR, 740 VR, 730 DM)
4 A* predictions
9 A*, 4 as and 1 B
Band 2 in UKCAT
Original post by Thefazbaz
4 A* predictions
9 A*, 4 as and 1 B
Band 2 in UKCAT

You'd be a solid applicant! :smile: Why shouldn't you apply?
Original post by SomMC1
Grade, the medical prodigy, coming to the rescue😂❤

I'm a man of great knowledge:biggrin:
I actually wanted to do medicine or dentistry at the start of A-Levels, hence why I take Maths, Biology and Chemistry:tongue:
Original post by SomMC1
medicine and IB are like polar opposites in all way, mainly in med you help others for the sake of helping; in IB you help for the sake of a fat pay check. seeya in london:wink:

I know right:biggrin:
More like 'seeya at Goldman':wink: Btw, we just hijacked a thread:colone: So should probably stop now:biggrin:
Original post by Grade A
You'd be a solid applicant! :smile: Why shouldn't you apply?

Do you know how likely it would be for me to get an offer?
It is impossible to tell you exactly how likely you are, but this calculator might help: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/
Remember that it can only give you an idea of how likely you are, and is not to be taken as the complete truth.
Original post by Grade A
It is impossible to tell you exactly how likely you are, but this calculator might help: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/
Remember that it can only give you an idea of how likely you are, and is not to be taken as the complete truth.

Sorry I meant to say interview lol/
Sorry I meant to say interview lol/

How likely you are to receive an offer is determined by your performance in the interview. I'd be worried if you didn't know that by now:K:
Original post by Grade A
How likely you are to receive an offer is determined by your performance in the interview. I'd be worried if you didn't know that by now:K:

You must have misunderstood what Ive said
How likely is it that I get an Interview based on my stats?
You must have misunderstood what Ive said
How likely is it that I get an Interview based on my stats?

Have you not seen my first reply when I addressed this?:biggrin: I'm quite sure you'll get an interview with all of the unis you've applied to.
Original post by Grade A
Have you not seen my first reply when I addressed this?:biggrin: I'm quite sure you'll get an interview with all of the unis you've applied to.

Ahhh sorry my bad
Reply 11
4 A* predictions
9 A*, 4 as and 1 B
Band 2 in UKCAT

Lowest invites to interview for 2017 had 640/650 UKCAT, and would have needed great GCSEs. You have the high GCSE profile with much better UKCAT score, so it should be fine.
Original post by meddad
Lowest invites to interview for 2017 had 640/650 UKCAT, and would have needed great GCSEs. You have the high GCSE profile with much better UKCAT score, so it should be fine.

Thank you for your help here and on the other thread:smile:
Reply 13
Yeah, definitely. UKCAT is solid - generally 700+ is said to be competetive for KCL. GCSEs are solid aswell. KCL specifically uses number of A*s at GCSE and UKCAT average to shortlist candidates and I'm sure with your stats you have a very good chance of being invited for an interview.
Original post by Grade A

You seem like you know your stuff, so lemme ask ya:

How do you reckon an SJT band 3 will affect me if I was to apply to Kings?

Other stats: 2850 UKCAT, A*AA predictions, 9A*s 2.5As.
Reply 15
Original post by zq01

Quite possibly. Kings state they take the SJT band into consiferation and have previously said they will "look carefully" at people with Band 3. They have never made it clear exactly what this means, but you have many safer places to apply. You could look through old threads on here to see if anyone had an offer with Band 3, but I certainly know of people who have been rejected with good stats but a Band 3 SJT
Original post by zq01

Situational judgement is a very important skill to have in medicine and dentistry but I don't know how important it will be for Kings as the rest of your application in very strong. Honestly, i'm not too sure but this could be the reason you may get rejected:frown:
Your personal statement needs to be perfect, and also do what the reply above this told you to do.
Original post by GANFYD
Quite possibly. Kings state they take the SJT band into consiferation and have previously said they will "look carefully" at people with Band 3. They have never made it clear exactly what this means, but you have many safer places to apply. You could look through old threads on here to see if anyone had an offer with Band 3, but I certainly know of people who have been rejected with good stats but a Band 3 SJT

Original post by Grade A
Situational judgement is a very important skill to have in medicine and dentistry but I don't know how important it will be for Kings as the rest of your application in very strong. Honestly, i'm not too sure but this could be the reason you may get rejected:frown:
Your personal statement needs to be perfect, and also do what the reply above this told you to do.

Cheers guys, I appreciate the help a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending