The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Every uni has its pros and cons, don't rely on other people's opinions, have you visited the uni and the surrounding area?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Warwick is basically an enclosed campus
they specifically said to me if i didnt need or want to leave campus for a whole sem i dont have to, i could just stay in the uni, everything u need is there.
that shocked me, cuz its just slightly anti social with other unis n the town.
closest town is lemington spa or coventry, both nothing exciting really.
but then again its good for studyin.
Reply 3
I'd disagree just based on the experiences of visiting my girlfriend there. Every night has something on in the union in addition to whatever the surrounding area offers
Reply 4
what do u mean by "anti social"?
Reply 5
chills
Warwick is basically an enclosed campus
they specifically said to me if i didnt need or want to leave campus for a whole sem i dont have to, i could just stay in the uni, everything u need is there.
that shocked me, cuz its just slightly anti social with other unis n the town.
closest town is lemington spa or coventry, both nothing exciting really.
but then again its good for studyin.

what do u mean by "anti social"?
It disheartens me when these threads pop up asking if my uni is boring :frown:
Reply 7
Warwick is like a social club or something. You'd feel you're in an exclusive and somewhat "posh" environment, but the people and students are friendly. There are also a lot of things you can do with your friends and classmates even on campus. The Warwick facilities are supportive to the students as well. During your free time, you can go biking with some friends and enjoy the scenery, or you can go clubbing with some friends at Lamington Spa or Coventry. Birmingham is also 30 minutes by train.

The thing is, you'd feel boring wherever you are if you're not with the right kind of people, or the people you enjoy to be around with. London can be boring if the people you stay around with do not support you. Luckily, Warwick students, in general, are friendly. I’m an Asian guy but I get mixed with white people. Some of my good friends now were those students that I’ve met when I was at Warwick. They are international – German, Greek, Indian, Malay, Irish, Scottish and English. We still communicate even up to now.

My little time spent at Warwick was truly amazing. Warwick has the best mix of students -- the best crowd and very friendly to international students too.
Reply 8
ILIGAN
Warwick is like a social club or something. You'd feel you're in an exclusive and somewhat "posh" environment, but the people and students are friendly. There are also a lot of things you can do with your friends and classmates even on campus. The Warwick facilities are supportive to the students as well. During your free time, you can go biking with some friends and enjoy the scenery, or you can go clubbing with some friends at Lamington Spa or Coventry. Birmingham is also 30 minutes by train.

The thing is, you'd feel boring wherever you are if you're not with the right kind of people, or the people you enjoy to be around with. London can be boring if the people you stay around with do not support you. Luckily, Warwick students, in general, are friendly. I’m an Asian guy but I get mixed with white people. Some of my good friends now were those students that I’ve met when I was at Warwick. They are international – German, Greek, Indian, Malay, Irish, Scottish and English. We still communicate even up to now.

My little time spent at Warwick was truly amazing. Warwick has the best mix of students -- the best crowd and very friendly to international students too.

Oh right. i was just asking because im sure people dont go as wild as in other unis such as manchester.
Reply 9
MustGetA's
Oh right. i was just asking because im sure people dont go as wild as in other unis such as manchester.

Well then go to Manchester...

University is not all about "going wild", and it occurs to me that you haven't quite yet faced up to the fact that there is a ****load of work to be done here. There's plenty to do at night, plenty of (too many, perhaps) societies to join and the surroundings are great. But you can't expect to come here to "go wild" 24/7 - it is after all a place of learning.
Just a fact, the university of Warick and it's surrounding area has the lowest numbers of bars/pubs/clubs per square foot, than any other university in the UK.
Reply 11
Please say no! I just firmed it...
Reply 12
What is boring to one person is exciting for another. You have to really see the university for yourself or talk to current students. Most people on here are giving their views from see here. I visited once the grounds and buildings looked nice and it had a good feeling to it.
Reply 13
ZakArden
Just a fact, the university of Warick and it's surrounding area has the lowest numbers of bars/pubs/clubs per square foot, than any other university in the UK.

id like to know where you got this "fact" from
ZakArden

I imagine the areas surrounding Warwick populated by students have more bars/pubs/clubs than the area surrounding the University of Lampeter so that must be an incorrect fact unless I'm missing the hidden buzzing nightlife of a Welsh market town.
Reply 15
I hope the answer is a biiiiiiiiiig big no.. But so many other people have said uni is what you make of it. So, just don't let it be boring! Sorted.
Reply 16
Ahemm... I hope I’m not gonna get banned for saying this...

The girls at Warwick are ............................. H O T (!!! :biggrin: ) aside from being friendly, extremely smart, talented and all. They smell so good too. :biggrin: So, for the men it definitely won't be a boring place to be. I mean, who would be bored when you're around with hot girls! Duh! LoL...
I love Warwick. And I'm sure the Thread Starter would too, eventually. I guess very rarely did it happen that someone spent time at Warwick then dislike it in the end. :smile:
Reply 17
ILIGAN
Ahemm... I hope I’m not gonna get banned for saying this...

The girls at Warwick are ............................. H O T (!!! :biggrin: ) aside from being friendly, extremely smart, talented and all. They smell so good too. :biggrin: So, for the men it definitely won't be a boring place to be. I mean, who would be bored when you're around with hot girls! Duh! LoL...
I love Warwick. And I'm sure the Thread Starter would too, eventually. I guess very rarely did it happen that someone spent time at Warwick then dislike it in the end. :smile:

That, my friend, is what I wanted to hear :smile:

I can't wait to enjoy the campus life - making close friendships, getting involved in societies, living in a student community... sounds great. Beats doing pills, going broke on commercial clubs and getting felt up by chavs in big cities like Nottingham, anyway.
smooth3k
That, my friend, is what I wanted to hear :smile:

I can't wait to enjoy the campus life - making close friendships, getting involved in societies, living in a student community... sounds great. Beats doing pills, going broke on commercial clubs and getting felt up by chavs in big cities like Nottingham, anyway.

:rofl:
funny cos you're a guy
Reply 19
silent ninja
:rofl:
funny cos you're a guy

It's sad because it's true :frown: :biggrin:

Latest