The Student Room Group

What should I do ??

It’s been a hard summer I came to DR only to visit my mom in July it’s September and I’m still here let me tell y’all what happened... my stepmom texted my mom saying that she does not want me in her house unless she has my custody and my mom said no my dad said he would buy me the ticket back but hasn’t and school already started over there and I’m worry that I might miss the school year all my life I lived with my dad and my stepmom so why would she want custody now?? I’m 16 almost 17 and she wants custody for a year my mom said they sent me over here and they already had everything planned out meaning my stepmom and my dad sent me over here without a flight back because their intentions were for me to stay here , my dad has never been a real dad to me and my stepmom always blames things on me and my whole family from my dads side has always talk down on me I’ve never felt good with them and it’s not easy to not have your mom , anyways my aunt said I can stay with her but my dad refuses to let me stay at her house my aunt said to just come and when if goes get me to just not come out. Should I stay with my mom or should I go and finish school?? If i leave I know that I have to face my dad which I don’t want to and if I stay here i am going to cut all communication with him I really don’t want anything to do with him and nothing from him so should I stay in DR with my mom or do what my aunt told me and not miss the school year? I honestly don’t know what to do if I leave is good for my future and if I stay is good for me because I’m not suffering like I use to over there.
Original post by Unknown_x4
It’s been a hard summer I came to DR only to visit my mom in July it’s September and I’m still here let me tell y’all what happened... my stepmom texted my mom saying that she does not want me in her house unless she has my custody and my mom said no my dad said he would buy me the ticket back but hasn’t and school already started over there and I’m worry that I might miss the school year all my life I lived with my dad and my stepmom so why would she want custody now?? I’m 16 almost 17 and she wants custody for a year my mom said they sent me over here and they already had everything planned out meaning my stepmom and my dad sent me over here without a flight back because their intentions were for me to stay here , my dad has never been a real dad to me and my stepmom always blames things on me and my whole family from my dads side has always talk down on me I’ve never felt good with them and it’s not easy to not have your mom , anyways my aunt said I can stay with her but my dad refuses to let me stay at her house my aunt said to just come and when if goes get me to just not come out. Should I stay with my mom or should I go and finish school?? If i leave I know that I have to face my dad which I don’t want to and if I stay here i am going to cut all communication with him I really don’t want anything to do with him and nothing from him so should I stay in DR with my mom or do what my aunt told me and not miss the school year? I honestly don’t know what to do if I leave is good for my future and if I stay is good for me because I’m not suffering like I use to over there.

Are you a UK citizen? do you have a right to be in the UK permanently?
You could talk to social services and ask for a court order to be allowed to live with your aunt. this would upset your dad a lot and he would probably disown you, but it would allow you to finish your education in the UK. You can also ask social services for assistance if you are under 18.

What is education like in DR? I assume you have done GCSE? Could you do A levels over there?

You sound fearful of going back to gather and step mum, so I think I would avoid that and find another way i.e your Aunt. your dad cant stop you living with your Aunt, but he might refuse any form of financial assistance.

If i were in that position i would either stay and do education in DR (international A levels) or go and live with Aunt but get help of social services.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Are you a UK citizen? do you have a right to be in the UK permanently?
You could talk to social services and ask for a court order to be allowed to live with your aunt. this would upset your dad a lot and he would probably disown you, but it would allow you to finish your education in the UK. You can also ask social services for assistance if you are under 18.

What is education like in DR? I assume you have done GCSE? Could you do A levels over there?

You sound fearful of going back to gather and step mum, so I think I would avoid that and find another way i.e your Aunt. your dad cant stop you living with your Aunt, but he might refuse any form of financial assistance.

If i were in that position i would either stay and do education in DR (international A levels) or go and live with Aunt but get help of social services.

School is no good over here , yes I’m a UK citizen and I fear to go back because i know how my dad is and how his family is they keep telling me I HAVE to be with my dad and if I go back I fear I might end up going back to his house
Original post by Unknown_x4
School is no good over here , yes I’m a UK citizen and I fear to go back because i know how my dad is and how his family is they keep telling me I HAVE to be with my dad and if I go back I fear I might end up going back to his house

You can leave home at 16, then social services have to help..

Do you have a school?

Your dad will be mad. and probably disown you, but he cant stop you living with your aunty. he has no legal power to do so. that sounds much healthier.
Reply 4
Yes I have a school and I don’t know much about laws and stuff I just don’t want to go back to that house

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending