The Student Room Group

How much is a 16 year old paid at Waitrose?

I’ve tried searching on the internet but can’t seem to find any answers. Does anyone know the hourly rate for a 16 year old in Waitrose?
probably minimum wage for a 16 yr old i think £4.20
I'm 16 and I earn £8.13/hour at Waitrose :smile: Obviously rates will be different depending on where you're based (e.g. you'll earn more in London) and your exact role, though.
Reply 3
Original post by AquaBliz
probably minimum wage for a 16 yr old i think £4.20

This is completely false, supermarkets tend to pay 16-year-olds very well (especially Waitrose) however I'm a bit late so sorry about that.
So yeah they tend to pay around £8-10 in most places
Original post by Zamblot
This is completely false, supermarkets tend to pay 16-year-olds very well (especially Waitrose) however I'm a bit late so sorry about that.
So yeah they tend to pay around £8-10 in most places

my bad just looked up the supposed minimum wage for the worst case scenario
Minimum in my area is £8.40 I think :smile: I’m 18 but I think the 16 year olds are paid the same
Reply 6
What??? Really?! What position did you take? I need help looking for decent paying jobs as a student. I’m 17 btw..
been receiving only £6.90/hour
£4.35 is the minimum wage however Waitrose does tend to pay more depending on the role.

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
it's Waitrose so it's problem
Waitrose pays based on performance, not age. Pay ranges from around £8-£10 an hour - you start on less then get a 90 day review where your pay may increase. Obviously pay in London is greater than pay in rural areas - not by too much though.
It’s £8.40 regardless of age
Original post by Megaman101
It’s £8.40 regardless of age

Well, it fluctuates based on location but it's around the £8.40 mark
What about the 16yr old wages for other supermarkets like:
Tesco
Lidl
Aldi
Sainsbury’s
Asda
Morissons
Original post by AndrewY.1
What about the 16yr old wages for other supermarkets like:
Tesco
Lidl
Aldi
Sainsbury’s
Asda
Morissons

I worked in Tesco for awhile before taking a break just before a levels to focus on a levels (then they got surprise cancelled and I couldn't get my job back, it was a sad occasion) however I got paid £9.60 or something like that. Bear it in mind that they up your pay either after 3 or 6 months (I can't remember what) by like 10% and that's after the increase (however I think there was also an increase during virus times that was also 10% but I stopped just before that got rolled out). It's also worth mentioning that you get a fair pay bump on Sundays which certain supermarkets don't do (I believe my pay was like £12 or something though I don't know the exact number, their payslips are weird). You can also get 10% off Tesco after 6 months which is very nice. Definitely a solid place to work for at 16.
Reply 15
I’m 16 and they offered me 9.26 hour as base salary, after three months it’s reviewed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending