The Student Room Group

Exeter vs Bath

I’m currently deciding the 5 unis I will apply to for economics. I know 4 of them will be Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds and Newcastle. I have visited all 4 of them and liked them. However I’m not sure between Exeter and bath for my final choice as I have not been able to visit either but will consider going there if I get an offer (although I will visit it then).
Has anyone got an advise on which is more highly regarded, is better for economics and has a better social life?
Thanks
Original post by Beccaleigh1902
I’m currently deciding the 5 unis I will apply to for economics. I know 4 of them will be Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds and Newcastle. I have visited all 4 of them and liked them. However I’m not sure between Exeter and bath for my final choice as I have not been able to visit either but will consider going there if I get an offer (although I will visit it then).
Has anyone got an advise on which is more highly regarded, is better for economics and has a better social life?
Thanks

Roughly equivalent. We have the better campus than Bath though IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What are your gcse stats?
Thanks

based on your 4 choices, a uni like Manchester or Sheffield sounds better for you than either of those two...

bath slightly higher regarded, but only by nitpicking (as is usually the case anyway). both are quite small and with better options for bars than clubs.
I would go for Bath. Its a great city to live in and i'm going to miss it a hell of a lot.
Reply 5
Bath, it's got better people. Exeter is full of posh snobs, Bath has the more chill people.
Original post by busquets
Bath, it's got better people. Exeter is full of posh snobs, Bath has the more chill people.

They both have loads of public school kids. About 30% apiece.

Any good uni is gonna have a bunch of snobs.
Reply 7
Original post by Notoriety
They both have loads of public school kids. About 30% apiece.

Any good uni is gonna have a bunch of snobs.

Bath still seems better though
Original post by busquets
Bath still seems better though

Vague statement, but sure. Might be.
Reply 9
Original post by Notoriety
Vague statement, but sure. Might be.

Yeah you're right all good unis are the same though just have to find the right people
Original post by timif2
What are your gcse stats?

7A*s 3As
Original post by TomNelson1805
I would go for Bath. Its a great city to live in and i'm going to miss it a hell of a lot.

What’s the campus and nightlife like?
Thanks

I'd go for Exeter - it has the RG badge which just puts it ahead for economics.
Original post by Muttley79
I'd go for Exeter - it has the RG badge which just puts it ahead for economics.

uttter tosh
Original post by CollectiveSoul
uttter tosh

What a thoughtful and helpful response - you must be so proud of yourself.
Shouldn’t the uni choices be one aspirational uni, two solid and two safe. It seems to me you’ve gone for 2/3 aspirational unis, unless you’re guaranteed three A’s then I’d strongly advise you to revise your options.
Original post by gerib17
Shouldn’t the uni choices be one aspirational uni, two solid and two safe. It seems to me you’ve gone for 2/3 aspirational unis, unless you’re guaranteed three A’s then I’d strongly advise you to revise your options.

I’m taking a gap year so if I don’t get the grades this year I’m gonna apply again so I’m not that bothered about playing it safe
Reply 17
7A*s 3As

Lol come University College. I don't see why you couldn't hack it

LSE shouldn't be far out of reach either tbh.

But yh a safe option would definitely be a good shout.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ak4753
Lol come University College. I don't see why you couldn't hack it

LSE shouldn't be far out of reach either tbh.

But yh a safe option would definitely be a good shout.

Need an A* in maths for both of them and not sure if that’s gonna happen tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending