The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 1
im gonna be studying interior design and i'm staying at curzon gateway!! anyone else?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i'm staying at curzon gateway, all accomodation is mixed unless you want a single sex flat and its self-catered and un-suite
http://www.unite-students.com/HMSOnline/QuickSearch.do
look at this website, theres also 'the heights' and 'londonderry house'
its not uni owned accomodation, look at this website for university owned accomodation, some are catered, some are self catered and some are unsuite but not all...
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/accommodation/
theres also 'canalside' which is walking distance from BIAD
http://www.derwentliving.com/student_living/Birmingham/The%20Canalside/

been as your an foreign student i think its best you go into university owned halls as the uni does an 'orientation' program for foreign students a week before uni starts for them to settle in and get to know each other and the city
Reply 3
lol i can't cook very well either!!...i think i'll get by though...
Reply 4
hey, im doin media and communication (journalism) fingers crossed! havnt got an offer yet cuz just applied for it hrough ucas extra x
Reply 5
no havn't got an offer yet but i know there's places left so hopefully! sort of had a crisis and decided i wanted to be a lot further down country than i'd applied for (north yorkshire area). Yeah it will be sept 08 entry. went to birmingham yesterday and liked it except i didn't get chance to look at bcu so plannin to go again soon. what do you think of the uni? do u know anything at all about the media courses? yeah hopefully be in halls the ones at perry barr, there's two there isnt there? any idea which is better? x
Reply 6
well i like birmingham because its a big city with loads to do, and great shopping! erm i cant remember what the prices are like, i believe there's two halls at perry barr (where main campus is) one has ensuite bathrooms in every room and costs a bit more and the other has shared bathrooms and costs a bit less. I think these are both self-catering. But i think there's at least two other lots of halls dotted around the city including some newly built ones which should be good! i'm just thinking bout ur course... i duno whether you will be at perry barr campus? maybe gosta green? (i think it's called), if ur studying at a different building perhaps its worth looking to see which accomodation is nearest? x
Reply 7
i believe the halls called hampstead are the only catered ones but are not walking distance so u'd have to get a bus. Some called curzon gateway are very close but are not catered so its a choice between catered and getting a bus to gosta green or learn to cook and you can walk there lol x
Reply 8
Hey im going next year to study vis comm! Im staying at home thou.

Whats the course like overral? Id like to hear a students opinion...
Reply 9
John Cena
Dude when r u gonna join?September 2008?
What will u be doing? Photography,Animation or web designing?

Yea il be starting sept 08, i think im guna go for a bit of a mix, but aim towards a graphics named award. How about you?
Reply 10
John Cena
Hey i am confused too
Well how far do you live from Gosta Green?
U wont be needing any accomodation as i think u will commute rite

I live in cov, il be driving methinks.
The vis comm course is split into all the different field, and its upto you to choose your units depending on what award you want
Reply 11
foxykt89
i believe the halls called hampstead are the only catered ones but are not walking distance so u'd have to get a bus. Some called curzon gateway are very close but are not catered so its a choice between catered and getting a bus to gosta green or learn to cook and you can walk there lol x

If you live in hamstead campus, it is about 5mins walk to bus stop, and about 20-30 (depending on traffic) to get to town, and further more 5-10 mins walk to gosta green! it can be a painful journey especially when you have lot to carry round with you,

Hamstead is only available for flats in 08/09 no more halls! hence no catering available, I lived in flats my self and they are average, furniture is not great, infact the furniture had aston uni logo on it! however I was told there will be new furniture,
The flats are shared between 6 people, 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets, the kitchen is nice sized and well equiped.

I highley recomend living in city centre if your course is biad, because its within in walkin distance and save £12.50 a week on bus fair and lots on taxi fair too! infact taxi prices for next term are going up due to fuel expenses,
if you live in town, ure more likely to have better attendance and better social life,

Latest

Trending

Trending